Accolades for Kerala Tourism Industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accolades for Kerala Tourism Industry

Kerala has been promoting Kerala Tourism in a rapid and effective manner and the evidence for the fact is that Kerala was judged as the best Tourism state. It is in the interest of Kerala Tourism that the state government is initiating promotional activities to develop travel and tourism in a significant manner.

In recent times, tourism has emerged as Kerala’s core competency sector creating employment, enhancing production, productivity and contributing significantly towards the development of the State. This has been made possible mostly on account of the government’s policy of activist facilitation and public- private partnership. The State has focused on the building of infrastructure, marketing of the destination and creation of an environment where the private sector can invest and generate wealth for itself and the society.

To develop tourism efficiently in the state both the central and the state government plays a vital role and they have been granting crores of rupees for the cause as tourism department has been prioritized due to huge profits reaped from this. When comparing the grants allocated for state tourism it can be seen that there has been a considerable rise in the funds. In the year 1995-96 it can be seen that the state government had allocated 17.3 crores while the central government had allocated a grant of 2.1 crores as compared to the year 2001-02 when the Kerala state government had allocated a grant of 40 crores, and the central government had allocated a grant of 14 crores. This is evidence enough for the fact that tourism is the most sought after department.

To enforce a drive for sustainability, Kerala Tourism has introduced Eco Kerala, an eco-certification program. The Department will eco-certify all tourism service providers abiding by the accepted eco-friendly norms of the world.

From time to time the mega tourism festivals have been organized in the city to open up new vistas in travel and stay and to enable tourists to make use of the facilities currently available at the various scenic spots in the state.

Kerala has been successful in showcasing different attributes of travel like resort/hotel accommodation facilities, houseboat stays, travel packages, international packages, transportation facilities, home stays, etc. Infact there are hundreds and thousand of people who are keenly associating themselves with Kerala travel and tourism industry either directly or indirectly.

Gladiator!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oh yeah. And I hope your dog dies.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

What dog?
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Any dog that's guilty by association.

Comment

Kerala

Comment

This is spam by either the Government of Kerala, or its Tourism Ministry.

Comment

I've had just about enough of your Kerala hate-mongering!

Comment

Glass69 is Riesstiu IV's DL!
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

*bump* so no one misses this fine information
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X