How do drag queens do...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do drag queens do...?

How do drag queens do to imitate the voice of a woman? and speak like that 24/7?

I cant imitate the voice of a woman

What if you are a drag queen with a small vocal range? you speak in falsetto?

edit: Can you imitate the voice of a woman? (if you are a male)
    I need a foot massage

Good questions.

Any drag queens in the room?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I think this is a Community question.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

First the dress, now this.

Is there something you want to tell us?

Comment

anyone ever watch that program on HBO about transexuals and all that? Went so far to show the "showgirls" or whatever they were called in Thailand. They were actually men at one time. some have had their willy cut off, but not all. And there are certain classes that teach you how to talk differently.

It's a really cool program on HBO, I recommend it. I just happened to be flipping through the channels, I'm not interested in that sort of thing .

I'll try to find out the name of the program, I can't remember.

edit: I think this was it. http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/middlesexes/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

First the dress, now this.

Is there something you want to tell us?
            I'm starting to think this might be a club thread.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I believe that some people simply have the ability (or learn) to modulate their voice differently - actors do, obviously, so it's certainly possible.

I think also there are a few people who go so far as to have their voice boxes surgically reduced in size (which would raise the tone).
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I also think the fact that they take hormones (estrogen) helps with that some
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I can talk with a high pitch and that sounds like an annoyed woman or something (I think).

Comment

yeah, you type like one too
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                        I believe that some people simply have the ability (or learn) to modulate their voice differently - actors do, obviously, so it's certainly possible.

I think also there are a few people who go so far as to have their voice boxes surgically reduced in size (which would raise the tone).

I think this is different from learning to speak with a new accent, they change their tone (they also generally change their accent to sound like seductive women)

I think you need a decent vocal range to be able to do this, I dont think drag queens can sing more than 2 or 3 votes with their fake women voice.
                        I need a foot massage

Comment

the voice box thing was in that HBO program. now watch it!!

I'm not sure if it was for cosmetic reasons, or if it did in fact raise their voice. I think it's a combination of both. The estrogen helps too.

Comment

i'm good at imitating voices. usually.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                              i'm good at imitating voices. usually.
                              can you do Chuck Norris?

Comment

Working...
                              X