Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All for love

Michigan sheriff offers to marry fugitive robbers if they surrender

LAPEER, Michigan - The Lapeer County, MIchigan, sheriff wants to help two bank robbery suspects tie the knot.

Sheriff Ron Kalanquin says he wants the Lapeer couple off the streets before their cash runs out and they attempt another robbery.

A 24-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman are suspected of taking about five thousand dollars in the September 19 robbery of a Lapeer County Bank & Trust branch in Deerfield Township, about 100 kilometres north of Detroit.

Detectives determined the robbery money was used to buy wedding rings, pay back rent and pay the woman's lawyer for work done in a child-custody case.

Kalanquin says the couple met after the man was released from the county jail and introduced to her by another ex-con.

Kalanquin has appealed to the couple's relatives and friends to alert police to their whereabouts.

What a touching story. Just a pair of misunderstood young lovers.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Aww, now all they have to do is die in a hail of gunfire and they can be just like Bonnie & Clyde.
    EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

The things we do for love.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I say kill the guy and rape the women.

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Thumbs up for the sheriff for trying to help love blossom.

Comment

The Beetles said, "All we need is love," but then they broke up.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

John and Yoko should have robbed a couple banks.

Comment

He would have done so someday or another if Chapman hadn't killed John. Most likely
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Only after being kidnapped by terrorists.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                  X