Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the iraqi security forces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the iraqi security forces?

This just occurred to me. Where did they go? We were supposedly training them since soon after the fall of bagdad. Surely they are ready to take control.

The way I see it, things can't get any worse (well maybe they can). Why don't we see if they will sink or swim? I'm not a big fan of pulling out. but hasn't it become time for Iraqis to be patrolling their own cities? Why is this not happening?

The cynic in me knows that the U.S. forces don't trust them, and all we are really safeguarding is the supply of oil, and big private contracts in the country.

It just occurred to you? Where have you been, man?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

i've been in the world of warcraft man. Just came out, starting to pay attention to the real world lately. .

Though after a quick look at the real world, I really can't see what's so bad about being in the world of warcraft. many of you may have heard about the disgusting story out of pahrump (outside of Las Vegas) nevada. Makes you really disgusted at humanity.

anyways, these guys have been training for 4 years. WTF. I think I have read they are doing some patrols. But I just can't believe they can't get enough people to patrol the entire country. They had like a 2 million man army at one time. We didn't kill that many people in both gulf wars.

Comment

Almost from Day 1 the U.S. has been begging the police even to get involved.
        Good luck finding a military person you can count on.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Where have you guys been? They're there, they're just not able to handle it. Every other day they're dead in scores, they're the #1 target, including local cops.

That, plus there's a bunch of corrupted ones in them so... but anyway, they're there. They're just not able to handle it but then again no one at the moment is.

Are they going to be a success? Not likely. They were built almost from scratch, since the ones that were there were dismantled. So it's not so much a surprise they aren't able to yet take control IMO.

And about can it get much worse, I don't know. How bad is it? Have you been there? Can you compare it to something? Who the hell knows, I figure it can always get worse, a lot worse, but it can also get better so let's hope for that one.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
          X