Apparently I'm lumpy bumpy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently I'm lumpy bumpy

I am very hesitant to post this given past circumstances cause I'm sure I'll catch some ****e for it but I really don't care. I found a lump on my left breast, saw the doctor today and am scheduled for a mamogram and ultrasound then possibly surgery. As someone who has faced cancer on two occassions in my life you would think you would be prepared for round three, but you never really are. So there I've said it so commence with the Tiamat bashing if you want but good thoughts would also be welcome. Thank you.
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Hope it's nothing, Tia... but even if it is be glad you found it, nowadays it's pretty easy to treat if found early. Our thoughts will be with you either way
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Re: Apparently I'm lumpy bumpy

Originally posted by Tiamat
      I am very hesitant to post this given past circumstances cause I'm sure I'll catch some ****e for it but I really don't care. I found a lump on my left breast, saw the doctor today and am scheduled for a mamogram and ultrasound then possibly surgery. As someone who has faced cancer on two occassions in my life you would think you would be prepared for round three, but you never really are. So there I've said it so commence with the Tiamat bashing if you want but good thoughts would also be welcome. Thank you.
      Even without this news, no need to bash wonderful you

As for what your going through, Prayers to you and I hope all females reading will know the importance of normal checkups.

Please share how this progresses.

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I'm hoping we did catch it in time. The good news is that it's not in my lymph nodes. It's actually under the arm towards the breast. So Tuesday is the day and I'm sure it will take at least 3 to 4 days to read it. So I'll know sometime next week. All I can say is
        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

That's the hard part -- waiting for the call with results. My wife has a similar history. She tries to hide the stress, but it's hard not to notice how she jumps every time the phone rings, sleeps poorly, etc. during that ominous time between the testing and the results. The good news is that a fair amount of suspicious densities prove to be benign. Still, it just wears on you, doesn't it.

Hang in there, baby, and think those good thoughts.

We're with you.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
            Hang in there, baby, and think those good thoughts.

We're with you.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I does wear and I'm so sick of saying I don't know my medical history because I'm freekin' ADOPTED!

God if there was ever a really good reason adopted kids should know anything, medical history should be it.

It may be nothing, but with something like this you have to prepare for it to go either way. Thank you for good thoughts. It comes at a bad time for my husband because he just got a huge promotion starting a new position in his company on Monday and is extremely nervous about that and then have this added. He was awesome though. I asked him if he could still love me if I was a one boobed wonder, he said as long as we have each other we can take on the world. So I'm thinking look out world here comes Tiamat!

Ok...so yeah, I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                The good news is that it's not in my lymph nodes. It's actually under the arm towards the breast.
                Sounds more like a cyst to me.

Comment

Good luck with this next week. As has already been said, our thoughts will be with you. You have already proven you are a tough cookie to beat, so I am sure everything will be fine.

In the meantime, do something fun to take your mind off the worry
                  In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

/me thinks happy thoughts for tia
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

What kind of idiot would bash you for posting this?

I wish you a good outcome of your treatment, and that this time it actually is more worry than illness.
                      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

good luck with everything. hope all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                          What kind of idiot would bash you for posting this?

Well let's just say I've had my moments and deservedly so and leave it at that.

So far in the last two days I've cleaned out my garage, done every load of laundry in the house, washed every dish, reorganized my cabinets, cleaned my baseboards, cleaned out the frig, road in my husbands convertable with the music blaring singing my head off in the middle of the rain with the top down looking like an idot and loved it!

It's all going to be fine, it's just the waiting that makes you crazy as if I wasn't enough already And thanks all.

Comment

Good luck, Tia.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Not to worry Tiamat, I know you will be fine.
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                              X