No announcement yet.

war economics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am deeply sorry for you that you ignore the difference between a concentration camp and a P.OW. camp which belong to different universe : the world of the Geneva convention for one, and hell for the other. And even there were for P.O. W. two categories of camps : stalags for all exept officers, and oflags for officers. As you know, officers enjoy serious advantages according to the Geneva convention, no obligation to work for instance, and with this free time they can play any economic game they like. But I confirm that economy has no room in a concentration camp in WWII.
    Statistical anomaly.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

You're pointlessly nitpicking . Better tell us more about French wartime economy or something.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
        You're pointlessly nitpicking .
        Is it so hard to recognize that you were awfully wrong?
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

You obviously have to reread "The Structure and Interpretation of VetLegion's Posts" I'm affraid, especially volumes 3-8. It's all explained there.

Comment

Re: Re: war economics

Originally posted by VetLegion
            One thing to keep in mind is that economic principles are always valid, be a country in a state of war or not. Supply and demand determine prices even in concentration camps.
            No they do not. Prices are fixed when a country is in a state of war.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
            X