• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ultimate LEGO kit

For those wondering...DKr 4,699.- is roughly USD 900.-

But over 5000 lego blocks...must take a while to build

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

LEGOs without special custom peices for a specific design
    LEGOs nowdays

Comment

I actually bought one (I always wanted that!), but had complications with delivering so I don't have it yet.

Comment

Re: The ultimate LEGO kit

Originally posted by Asmodean

For those wondering...DKr 4,699.- is roughly USD 900.-

But over 5000 lego blocks...must take a while to build

Asmodean
        Um, when I switch to US, it shows $499.99.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Ah... My childhood dream - a huge box of generic lego pieces.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

friggin awesome.

Comment

Ah... My childhood dream - a huge box of generic lego pieces.

Nonono, this is something else entirely. My childhood dream

You get a CPU, five sensors (tactile, ultrasound, sound, laser, optical) and building blocks to keep that together in various configurations.

The best thing is: the CPU can be programmed in C, Java and a couple of other high level languages! And the thing has bluetooth!

I can make this robot do anything and I have plenty of ideas.

Now, you can buy or build sensors yourself, and you can also buy a microprocessor and a programming kit, so if you have good knowledge of electronics you can perhaps get by cheaper than this LEGO kit.

But the kit has all I need, tested, tried and ready to be plugged in and played with.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to buy it here (sold out too quickly) so I had to order from abroad and am still waiting.

Comment

Good 500 is at least with in the realm of possibility.

Agree that the custom pieces are a sell out, designing with the relatively common sets of pieces is better. I'd used to make wonderful space ships completely out of normal part sets, like a two deck fully furnished interior submarine in the shape of an Orca with articulating tale and black/white color scheme, or a foot tall fully articulated Mecha with pilots in the head and thorax. I'd make the initial 'thing' and them after about a week of play smash it up, merge the parts with my existing collection and just keep making custom creations. Combining one of those Pirate sets with space themed sets made for some awesome space pirate ships as well.
                Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I know it has been posted before but think it's worth yet another :

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Some others:

Chimney climber:

Rubik cube solver:

TriTracks:

Comment

Star Wars AT-ST

Crossbow:

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                        LEGOs without special custom peices for a specific design
                        LEGOs nowdays
                        QFT! And if I ever really wanted to get one of those huge Star Wars sets, I'd probably get the Imperial Star Destroyer instead:

Three thousand grey pieces. Many of them even look generic enough to be reused to create a different kind of ship if you so desire.

Now I just wish digital cameras had been around back when I built a walking mecha out of legos. My dad accidentally dropped it from the shelf and I couldn't be bothered to rebuild it. It had joints and everything.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I have that one (the Star Destroyer)

Comment

I have to go with the people who dream of a vast box of generic legos of all shapes and sizes. That is the ultimate LEGO set.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

While I don't like the trend of lego today, I wouldn't want a completely generic set of lego either. Just a bunch of blocks is ****ing boring (especially if it's all GRAY - as in these sets). You need some castle peices and space pieces, and interesting people and props, too.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X