X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it was too much chocolate

Former Michigan cop, wife charged for eating marijuana brownies

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

DETROIT - A former Michigan police corporal who admitted taking marijuana from criminal suspects and baking it into brownies has been charged with using a controlled substance.

The Wayne County prosecutor's office says Edward Sanchez, 30, and his wife Stacy, 27, are expected to be arraigned on charges of using marijuana.

Sanchez was a corporal with the Dearborn Police Department when an emergency call was made April 21, 2006 from his home reporting a possible overdose on marijuana.

Sanchez initially told investigators his wife took the marijuana from his police vehicle while he slept.

He later admitted to taking the marijuana out himself and putting it in the brownie mix.

He resigned in May 2006 from the suburban-Detroit police department.

Sanchez is heard saying on the five-minute tape of the emergency call: "I think we're dying."

"We made brownies and I think we're dead, I really do."

Dearborn police refused to pursue charges last year but investigators in neighbouring Dearborn Heights submitted a warrant request Sept. 13, prosecutor's spokeswoman Maria Miller said Monday.

The charge is a misdemeanour punishable by 90 days in jail and a US$100 fine.

Arrangements were being made for the couple to turn themselves in for arraignment.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

I haven't had brownies in soooo long.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I can't mail you any.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I didn't have it on my mind before, but now...may have to break down and make some.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Yes, it is important you make them yourself.

Store bought brownies don't have enough chocolate.

Comment

Thread necromancy.

The 911 tape is now out and it is 10X more fun to listen to than read.

Thanks to ORD for the link.

Comment

The reaction of the newscasters after the call is played... priceless!
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

My reaction was similar.

Comment

That's dumb as dirt. "I think we're dead."

Comment

Working...
                  X