Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry honey, our marriage expired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orson Scott Card wrote a book about this.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
      Well marriages were created back when people lived 20-30 years on average, so in practice they didn't last much longer than 10 years.

Perhaps humans aren't biologically set up to have long marriages. But perhaps they are. I don't know.
      Some people are, some people are. Both my wife and I come from families in which our parents and our grandparents have all stayed together and are in happy relationships. The 50%+ divorce rate is a little misleading in regards to monogamy, as many people who divorce once end up getting married and divorced multiple times (like this woman, for example). These people drive the divorce rates up.

I think that the "solution" to divorce would be to make it harder for people to get married. At least in the U.S., I know too many people who jump in and get married after six months or so of dating. It's no wonder that so many people get divorced; I can't imagine that these impulse marriages last very long.

Besides, I think that this law is worthless. If people love each other, then they're going to stay married. If they don't, then they'll get divorced. The seven year "expiration" seems pointless
      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Whoah! I would marry her for seven years and then keep her...
        Attached Files
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

Are you sure she is a CSU politician???
          Attached Files
          Once again...

Comment

I think she deserves her own babe-thread
            Attached Files
            Once again...

Comment

It would make a good cash grab for the government.

I'm not sure it would accomplish the stated goals. I worry it might actually have the opposite effect.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                I have never seen a girl and said, man I'd love to wake up with her every day until I die. Ew! After like 10 years she farts and *****es every day I would think.
                They actually fart before you marry them, too.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

There are temporary marriages in islam...
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                    There are temporary marriages in islam...
                    That's what I need. A weekend marriage would do. Change them up each week.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

They actually fart before you marry them, too.
                      Yes they do. On the plus side, though, you get to fart far sooner than they do. I pulled the fart card within 5 weks of dating (I'm a flatulent guy and couldn't hold it any more). Girl farts are worth it if that means that you can fart yourself.
                      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

That's what I need. A weekend marriage would do. Change them up each week.
                        That's Vegas. Any hotel deskclerk there can marry you for the length of your stay is Vegas.

Comment

Elisabeth Shue?

I hear Vegas isn't so safe anymore. Armed bandits breaking into rooms or something...

Comment

Yeah, I could do with a weekend marriage maybe every week or two - enough time to get the housework done
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I love how the article tells that she has SHOCKED GERMANY, OMG. Thing is, noone really cares besides her political friends and - esp. - enemies, and it's not going to happen.
                              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                                I have never seen a girl and said, man I'd love to wake up with her every day until I die. Ew! After like 10 years she farts and *****es every day I would think.
                                That's what I used to think, but we're 10 years in and going strong.
                                Long time member @ Apolyton
                                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                                X