No announcement yet.

TV shows set at college

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno. I seem to have wasted my life in less useful ways.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Didn't Felicity, a popular girly show back in the late 90s, take place at college?

EDIT: Pat beat me to it.
      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Wow, Poly has a truly frightening collective memory.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

While I can't think of many drama series or comedies set at a university or similar on Dutch television (I'm pretty sure there've been 1 or 2 but I've not watched them, don't know names), that's probably because these types of Dutch TV series tend to copy a lot from British and American TV so if it doesn't happen in the US it's not likely to happen over here. However, there are plenty of other Dutch shows aimed at, focused on or even made by students. Lots of reality/documentary/docusoap stuff, there've been a few quizes over the years with only students as participants, a news program aimed specifically at students, etc. So students are fairly well-represented on TV over here.

I suspect the issue in the US might be that until 1 or 2 years ago Nielsen didn't measure in dorms, so any program that's focused specifically on college students was probably likely to get poor ratings even if every single college student in the nation was watching it.
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Greek is a new show (that just ended its first 12-episode season) that takes place at college. It airs on Family channel, but I've no idea why (common themes: drinking, sex, partying)
            It's the new Family.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

uhh that one spinoff of the cosby show, whatever that was call. different world.

didn't that one show about kids in high school (the one where that one chick starred in showgirls) eventually spin off about them in college?

edit: I see my examples were already mentioned above.

Comment

Working...
              X