No announcement yet.

22 year old guy wanting to have sex with 16 year old girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon is right, while I do find women of that age attractive, they don't have the emotional maturity to consent to sex. Even worse now days as parents spoil their children, so kids have no sense of responsibility. That seems contradictory doesn't it. What I mean is the kids need to learn responsibility before you give them total freedom.

It's just their physical development far outpaces their emotional development.

No doubt kids are smart. I look back to myself at 16. I was damn smart. Perhaps the smartest kid alive . But I didn't know **** about the world in terms of common sense and manipulative people.

Comment

pekka

Comment

16 year olds can be quite well developed physically so I don't see it as pedophile-style creepy to admit an attraction

But the difference in maturity between a high-schooler and a person that has graduated from college/ been in the workforce for years should be large. I am sure it is possible that sometimes a relationship between people aged 22 and 16 could be healthy and beneficial to both but my fear is that there would be a power imbalance and manipulation going on
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Your opinion is too wishy washy, Flubber. Either all sixteen year olds are stupid and immature or none of them are. Take a stance.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The immature ones don't get any more mature, they just get older (and disowned by their parents).

Imposing control through rigid rules is not a necessity, it's an ineffectual fallback

Thank you, Blake. That matches my thoughts exactly, now, if you don't mind, I'll steal these two phrases for an effective summary instead of yapping a lot
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I'm taking Kid's side on this one. Not much to add as he's said it all pretty much. I'd like to do some research however from a medical perspective as I think there is medical evidence to back us up. The human brain grows and develops just like the rest of our bodies, and no matter how mature they seem or how much potential they have, a 16 year old's brain just isn't developed enough to make the best decisions like an adult does. There are probably a lot of teens on this forum, so I expect a lot of disagreement on this, but teens just shouldn't be having sex period.
              EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Originally posted by Shrapnel12
                There are probably a lot of teens on this forum, so I expect a lot of disagreement on this, but teens just shouldn't be having sex period.
                There used to be but over the intervening years most have grown up.

I expect Ozzy to have an issue with that however.

edit: A quick check of todays b'days shows the youngest is 18 with most being considerably older.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

There are probably a lot of teens on this forum, so I expect a lot of disagreement on this, but teens just shouldn't be having sex period.
                  there are teens here?!
                  when you say teens, are you referring to like 13/14 yr olds, or all teens 13-19? if it's the latter i say you are crazy.

Comment

I'm taking Kid's side on this one. Not much to add as he's said it all pretty much. I'd like to do some research however from a medical perspective as I think there is medical evidence to back us up. The human brain grows and develops just like the rest of our bodies, and no matter how mature they seem or how much potential they have, a 16 year old's brain just isn't developed enough to make the best decisions like an adult does. There are probably a lot of teens on this forum, so I expect a lot of disagreement on this, but teens just shouldn't be having sex period.
                    Brains reach their height at around age 18.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Ok, I did a google search with the search words "teen", "brain", and "development" if anyone in interested in reading what I found. No smoking gun, but there is evidence that teens use a different part of their brain when it comes to emotions.

Comment

• Through almost all of human history, teenager age is the age that people had families/etc.

I am extremely doubtful that we are genetically predisposted not to have families at that age.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Life spans were also shorter, women were severely oppressed, and we didn't know near as much as we do about the human body. Given time and evolution in which our life span keeps increasing and younger humans don't have sex as much, I wouldn't be surprised if puberty came much later. More to the point, just because we did it in the past, doesn't make it right or good for us now.

Comment

• Actually, puberty is coming much earlier.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• It's obvious that we knew less centuries ago, but 200 years ago, a 19 year old was probably nearly at the mid-point of his life, so having a family at that age made sense. Relatively speaking, people get families earlier now. Getting married at around 25 is pretty much usual, and for a male in modern-day developed countries, that's roughly 1/3rd of his life expectancy.
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• if life is over once you are married, getting married at 25 is 100% of your life expectancy.

Comment

Working...
                                X