No announcement yet.

Recommend me some books on game theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's only fun and relatively useful if you have a complex problem that needs some applying of it, and even then it's just one strategy. It's not even necesarily the optimal one, since the theory assumes too much about the environment.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Game Theory:

The more boobies on the cover of the game box, the more teenage boys males who will illegally download it.

Comment

I don't mind if Game Theory doesn't explain everything, I know that nothing does that till now. I'm just saying that even if it helps me understand certain specific things better, it's worth it.

And I've noticed that knowledge from one field always turns out to be helpful in understanding another, at the oddest of times, even though you think they may be completely unrelated. So every little bit helps.

You never know when you might find it useful.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

And I've noticed that knowledge from one field always turns out to be helpful in understanding another, at the oddest of times, even though you think they may be completely unrelated. So every little bit helps.

You never know when you might find it useful.
          QFT
          Statistical anomaly.
          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            Game theory will not help you to understand how the world works. It helps you to understand how some people try to think, but it's really not the reality.

It's just a strategy at the end, not the world. You've been duped by prolly some hippies.
            A lot of biological systems can be much better understood with some game theory tools even if most animals havn't read much on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Lul Thyme

A lot of biological systems can be much better understood with some game theory tools even if most animals havn't read much on the subject.
              QFT. It's immensely useful in a whole lot of fields if you know how to use it properly.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Indeed. Game theory in its most theoretical is quite interesting in a lot of places; the mathematical models might not be that useful outside of economics, but being aware of the various reasons people defect (or don't defect) can be very useful in and of itself.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Recommend me some books on game theory

Originally posted by Lorizael

Wait till 4.0.
                  Think GURPS would be a better recommendation?
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

You can read, Aneeshm?!
                    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Working...
                    X