X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** (LAME thread)

OK.
    It was the night 14/15 september.
    Me and my friends were having a small party under Caen castle. We were celebrating the end of our french lessons.
    There was, by my (female polish) friend, K., a Moroccan, M., so I spoke with him a bit in arabic.

Later on, another arabic-looking person sat next to her, and I've heard him saying his name is Momo (Mahmoud?).

My italian friend, S., told me there's a guy speaking arabic here, and pointed in one direction. There were a couple of people there, including M., as well as a big guy who might have been this Momo and might have not been him. I got to the point he is talking about M., so I told him I know and I've already talked with him.

Meanwhile, I drank a bottle of wine.

My polish friend, as well as M. probably, went to a disco.

All of the sudden there was a movement and I got to know that S. was robbed. At first I thought he simply lost his money, then I got to know the story: he left his bag for a while, as he was coming back to it he saw a couple of men (including the one he got to know that speaks arabic and of whom he thought that it was the guy that was talking with me) taking stuff from his bag. He told them to leave him his documents and take his money, but they ignored him. He tried to call police, but they hit him and ran away. Only one person saw this exactly, another Italian. He told him not to ran after them, for they will beat them up in a dark alley - there were a couple of them, and only two of Italians at the moment.
    I think it was a mistake, they should've been running and screaming "police, police" or whatever.

At this point, I came next to him and asked what has happened. He doesn't talk english, and only a very little bit french.
    He told me that it was the guy who I were talking to that has stolen the money. But I learned it wasn't him, because the agressor was large, while M. not at all.

He claimed the agressor was sitting next to K., but now I doubt he ment it. I don't recall it exactly, but probably it was the way that he told me it was the person with whom I was talking in arabic, I told him he was sitting next to K., and if that's the one, and he told yes - probably just to confirm that it was the one with whom I've been talking with. But that gave me false impression that while it was not S., it must have been the other person I didn't know who used to sit next to her - Momo.

Anyway, we found gendarmerie (he wouldn't have found it without me I'm afraid). I had to do the talking, but the guy there wasn't very pleasant, he told me to go to the comissariat and switched off. I had to phone again and ask where is it. But then, S. called police by phone and gave me the phone. I wasn't prepared for it and got very nervous. I didn't know what's the name of the streat and had difficulty finding it. It was horrible. I've heard him say that I talk very poor french (he was right )
    Anyway, they got there and we told what's happened. S. told them it was the guy with whom I've been talking arabic, but I told them it's impossible, because S. has also said that he was tall, while the guy with whom I was talking is short.
    Now I should have called my mum, which is a juridistic translator of both french and italian, but I was drunk, sleepless, tired...

Anyway, I told them Silvio also told me that this guy was sitting next to my friend, and it might have been a one whom I've heard saying his name is Momo.
    We were driving around the car in the police car, but with no effect.

We came back. I've asked M. if he knew this arabic group, he said no. And I believe him, for he's shown up earlier and seems to have been with K. all the time.
    I don't know this Momo, perhaps it was the guy, but most likely not. I hope I haven't caused trouble for him unnecessarily.

S. was told to come to the comissariat. Unlike they should, they haven't provided him with a translator, though they knew he doesn't speak french. he should've come with someone. i couldn't come, because I was leaving at 7:52.

When I was coming back with M., he told me I look jewish

S. lost 150 euros and his documents, which could have been a serious problem, because he was flying to Italy the next day. But they've told him they will give him some temporary documents. He only had his driving license left.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Talk about women in distress.

wtf.

Anyway, still sucks.

I dont' want to sound like a jerk but I guess it's not possible this time. Your friend basically LET two guys take a bag of his, and they didn't even present any weapons? In a fairly public place as well? Wow. I've never ever seen that happen. I've never ever seen anyone just let stuff be taken from them without a fight or at least an attempt for one.

And probably his only option then was to "scream for police".
    Last edited by Pekka; September 16, 2007, 14:14.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Canadians lost 300 men taking Caen in WWII. Why do I mention this? No reason.

Comment

I don't know Vet. I know what I said makes me a bit of a jerk, but I'm amazed how people get afraid of two men because they might hit you in the face. I don't get it. The "be smart" part is to stay away if they have weapons. If not? ****ing go for the kill!

And the way you talk to police about it is "two arabs. I think they had knives. The other one at least look like he was high as well, definitely high. Very dangerous arabs".
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Sucks for S.

Post a pic of K.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I won't.
            Pekka, I know I would fight myself, or at least run after them.
            Why he did not - I don't know.
            Middle East!

Comment

Well most people wouldn't want to. That's why you stab them quick.
              In da butt.

Comment

My grandaughter calls me Momo
                Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

so it was You
                  Middle East!

Comment

What does this have to do with mp3's

Comment

When I was coming back with M., he told me I look jewish

Comment

M: why did You decide to learn arabic?
                        H: because I take interest in arabic history
                        M: are You jewish?
                        H: no, why are You asking?
                        M: because Jews take interest in arabic history
                        H: You're not the first Arab to ask me if I'm jewish
                        M: and I won't be the last one.
                        H: why?
                        M: because You look jewish and You know arabic well

the second part makes me think if He believed I'm not as much Jewish as an Israeli.
                        A shame I've met him the last night. He lived next to me.
                        He was kind of nice, actually.
                        Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          I don't know Vet. I know what I said makes me a bit of a jerk, but I'm amazed how people get afraid of two men because they might hit you in the face. I don't get it.
                          You're assuming that they are physically a match, but if you have two big athletic guys versus a small bookworm type guy, he's smart to remain calm.

And if they were Arabs I bet the French police will enjoy giving them a few slaps on the wrist if they catch them

Comment

Uh, really, the bandit was like 2x taller from the other Italian
                            Middle East!

Comment

Vet, yeah, but how does that make your face hurt less? I understand that it's a big easier to take some punches from a person who is your weight, but unless they were like bouncer types, it all seems irrelevant. And who said to take punches in the face? It's a consequence, not a goal .

But I understand, plus, sometimes it's not worth to risk things for small things. If I was ever robbed and the person indicated having a weapon of lethal kind or seriously wounding type? I'd just let it go. If not? He dies.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X