Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VetLegion
    The thread I am talking about is an innocent little girl with flowers in her hair that walked down the street and got mugged.

Your thread is the local drunk who got hit by another drunk in a bar.

IT IS NOT THE SAME!
    Oh, so that's it is it.

My drunk was turning his life around. On the wagon he was.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

How does this mean it really exists outside your head? of course it can be still read. After all, it is the creation of your imagination. Convincing, isn't it?
      Yes, pretty much. There is some trick some guy used in the book Solaris (I'm not recommending it, nor the movie, Polish SF sucks, as does Russian).

What this guy did to make sure he was sane was calculate some satellite orbits or something, then check that with a reference.

Reading that, I wondered how you can verify your thinking by doing some more thinking.

If there are things around me that are products of my imagination, how do I find out?

How did that guy in Fight Club find out?

And he solved it by shooting himself in the head - a definite no go with me

Comment

Well, you can't find it out, that's kind of the point
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I saw it too
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            It's rah, or one of his trainees. Bastard II does that and makes me feel crazy.
            Dang, can I use this as Signature Material?

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
            X