Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GePap
    from wikipedia:

In 1918 the Ladies Home Journal wrote: “There has been a great diversity of opinion on the subject, but the generally accepted rule is pink for the boy and blue for the girl. The reason is that pink being a more decided and stronger color is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.” The Sunday Sentinel in 1914 told American mothers: “If you like the color note on the little one’s garments, use pink for the boy and blue for the girl, if you are a follower of convention.”

Which makes sense of course since Pink is a variation on red, the color of blood and passion, things that were generally associated with being a manly man.

What I would like to know is when did the switch occur.
    Happened in the 1940's. The Guardian had an article on this subject three weeks ago: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...5/genderissues
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I think it's great that they had the presence of mind to do something like that. Quickest way to shut down a bully is to stand up to them.
      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Pink is the new black.
        Pink is the navy blue of India.
        Attached Files
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Will
          know serveral straight males who wear pink.
          No you don't
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

They're closet gays. Or undercover women.
            Last edited by Colon™; September 15, 2007, 08:23.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

What an obvious rip-off.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Cool. Thank you.

Could Wyandotte also be a french version of Wyandot?

The city I speak of is Windsor (across from Detroit) so this all makes sense, except the chicken part....
                The spelling "Wyandotte" could very well be the French version for "Wyandot"...I only mentioned the chicken because that is where I've seen Wyandotte used before.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X