Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian aggressors kill bee colonies in US; Viciously conspire to blame Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian aggressors kill bee colonies in US; Viciously conspire to blame Israel

Pathogen causing bee blight?

MARTIN MITTELSTAEDT

Globe and Mail Update

September 6, 2007 at 4:38 PM EDT

The sudden and mysterious disappearance of honeybees in the United States over the past year may be due to a virus, according to a new research paper by an international team of scientists.

The pathogen, called Israeli acute paralysis virus, has been detected in almost all bee hives tested in survey of those afflicted by what has become known as colony collapse disorder, but it is rarely found in healthy hives.

The discovery will likely help put to rest rampant speculation about the source of the strange collapse in U.S. bee populations.

U.S. bee keepers began noticing slight declines in bee numbers in 2004, although the scale of deaths increased dramatically in the past year, with some apiaries losing up to 90 per cent of their hives. These were baffling die offs in which the workers in colonies of the highly social insects would disappear without a trace.

[...]

Any threat to bee numbers could therefore affect the global food supply. An estimated $2-billion worth of crops in Canada depend on honeybees for pollination, and about $15-billion (U.S.) in the United States, where the collapse has already led to difficulties in pollinating crops.

The researchers also found the virus on bees imported into the United States from Australia and in royal jelly samples from China. Royal jelly is the food bees produce for queens, but it is also sold as a health food for humans.

The discovery of the virus has raised speculation that the United States inadvertently allowed it into the country through the import of Australian bees, a practice allowed in 2004 under pressure by the agricultural industry to boost the number of hives available for pollinating high value crops, such as almonds.

The import of the bees coincided with the first reports of unusual problems in bee colonies.

All the hives infected with the virus either used Australian bees or had been stored near colonies that imported the insects from Australia.

[...]

The virus was first described in Israel in 2004. Researchers there noted that infected bees – which exhibited shivering wings and paralysis – would die just outside their hives.

One perplexing finding is that bees in Australia do not seem to be affected by colony collapse disorder. The researchers speculated that the reason might be that bees there are not infected with varroa mites, which are found throughout North America. The mites are able to suppress the immune system of bees, making them more vulnerable to other threats.
    Why the virus is called Israeli Acute Paralysis?

None of the US bees got sick after importing from Israel. They got it from Australia. Probably just like Israel did.

So instead of calling this the Austrialian Anti-American Bee Virus, everythng is once again blamed on Israel, which just happened to be the first victim of this evil Australian aggression

"I (God) will bless those who bless you (Israel) and will curse those who curse you" (Gen 12:3)

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
      "I (God) will bless those who bless you (Israel) and will curse those who curse you" (Gen 12:3)
      God rocks

Comment

Siro reads the Globe and Mail?
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Siro is the all seeing all knowing polytubby

Comment

Apparently. I tip my hat sir.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I support the genocide of terrorist bees
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

This story has lifted my spirits after the depressing pink shirt thread.
                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                  This story has lifted my spirits after the depressing pink shirt thread.

Wait till you see my next thread (I've maxed out at two already but midnight is approaching).

Comment

You know how these Aussies are. Propagandaists.
                    Is that the right word? Spreaders of propaganda.
                    Anyway, look around here at the Aussies.
                    Don't you think they fairly well represent their land?
                    I used to hope not, but now, I'm pretty sure they do.
                    That means, don't be surprised.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Cly another jewish conspiracy sent against the U.S. via their client state in Australia. When will the world wake to the zionist menace?
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        You know how these Aussies are. Propagandaists.
                        Is that the right word? Spreaders of propaganda.
                        Anyway, look around here at the Aussies.
                        Don't you think they fairly well represent their land?
                        I used to hope not, but now, I'm pretty sure they do.
                        That means, don't be surprised.
                        Quickly lads, they're on to us!

It's rather obvious that the virus was developed by the CSIRO as a ploy to destroy US agriculture and boost demand for 100% disease free Aussie honey and fruit, in much the same way Mad Cow Disease boosted our beef exports

Now, to achieve revenge on those evil Japanese and their Equine Influenza threatening our glorious Melbourne Cup

Comment

Working...
                        X