Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was some "Deface War Memorials" email sent out or something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS
    Don't know about this occurrence, but previous anti-war marchers have shattered the front glass of the local (downtown DC) military recruiting center. They've also shattered the glass of the local GOP office.

I find such political violence very distasteful.
    And self indulgent, and counter productive.

The whole point of protesting is to change people's opinions. If your protests uses violence, you change people's opinions all right; they think you're a jerk.

Comment

Which says to me this was the work of a militant anarchist or a mentally-challenged person. For those who were against the Vietnam War, the memorial reflects the names of some of its many victims, not a symbol of those who wrongly sent them there to die in the first place. An anti-Iraq War protester I wouldn't think would attack a memorial for the dead. It was a "True American Patriot" aka pro-war nutjob who defaced the makeshift memorial to our fallen soldiers in Iraq down in Crawford, TX a while back when Cindy Sheehan was there, last year I believe it was.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

with National Park Service (NPS) preservation and maintenance staff beginning the removal process immediately.

Then they must of been there when it was spilled. Perhaps they spilled it themselves?

It would make sense, if it was a cleaning agent.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I wonder, if it turns out to be some alcoholic substance, which some old vet poured on it, for his buddy who never came back, will he be charged with something?
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
            And self indulgent, and counter productive.

The whole point of protesting is to change people's opinions. If your protests uses violence, you change people's opinions all right; they think you're a jerk.
            Very childish too. But some politicians are childish as well. For months after the 2006 elections, the Dems bought a huge ad on the bus stop in front of the local GOP office congratulating Pelosi for being speaker.

This poor local GOP office sure has been abused.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
            X