Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MOTHERSHIP IS CALLING ME HOME! (Led Zep Reunion!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE MOTHERSHIP IS CALLING ME HOME! (Led Zep Reunion!)

Let's just say I've been dreaming of this moment for years and leave it at that.

Led Zeppelin set for reunion gig in London

LONDON (Reuters) - Rock legends Led Zeppelin were set to announce a one-off comeback concert on Wednesday nearly three decades after disbanding.

The group split in 1980 after the death of drummer John Bonham and have performed only a handful of reunion gigs, last taking the stage 12 years ago at their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Music Web site NME.com reported the show will be held in November in London.

Bonham's son Jason is expected to wield the drum sticks for the band known to many fans simply as Zep.

Rounding out Led Zeppelin, rated the best ever hard-rock band by U.S. channel VH1, would be its classic founding trio of singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones.

NME.com said it would be a one-off show, not a full-fledged reunion tour.

Plant and Page have joined forces over the years, notably on an album in 1994, but Jones has been more distant. When Bonham passed away after a long battle with alcoholism, his bandmates said Led Zeppelin, formed in 1968, had died with him.

November is the scheduled release month for a greatest hits collection from the band.

The reunion gig is slated for London's 02 Arena, which has a capacity of 20,000.
    Now, once I came down from the high, I realized... I don't know if a trip to London is going to be feasible on such short notice (considering work, life, money, etc.). I'm still gonna ask around and gauge both interest with my peeps and evaluate whether or not I can pull it off. This, along with a Pink Floyd reunion, is one of the two events in music I would kill to see.

Even if it doesn't work out, I can still cling desperately to this statement:

The band are thought to be planning to embark on a tour if the one-off gig goes well.
    Like it f*cking won't? Please, just plan the tour already!
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

I'm willing to break my education savings for this .

Comment

Dang, bring on da Black Dog, bring on the roadtrip, Going to California, give her something to moan about, whole lotta love, sa-weet indeedy!

No Bonzo Bonham, maybe his son can hang....

send a small tribute to his dad, Stairway to Heaven

I would if they appeared locally here

Gramps "LIVED IT DONE IT WHEN IT FIRST HAPPENED!!" Troll
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

No Bonzo Bonham, maybe his son can hang....
        Have you not seen Jason B.?

He will do.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Sweet. I only hope they don't look as silly as I'm told the Rolling Stones do...
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Have you not seen Jason B.?

He will do.
            No sir, as stated previously, I was around for the first Zep live.

If he can hang, im glad.

Man Wezil, this is kinda cool,

good times

wait

Good times bad times, ya know I seen my share..

whoo-Hoo!!
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I. Want. To. See. This.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

This, along with a Pink Floyd reunion...

What? Syd Barret reincarnated? Wow!

Now if only The Beatles came together again...
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
                  What? Syd Barret reincarnated? Wow!
                  Syd, as awesome as he was, was a blip in Pink Floyd's extensive history. A ridiculously bright and important blip, but a blip nonetheless.

I of course seek and pray for the reunion of the quintessential Floyd lineup: Waters, Gilmour, Wright & Mason.
                  CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                  Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                  Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                  Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Working...
                  X