Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Joe Zawinul

Who's he?
    Last edited by germanos; September 11, 2007, 15:16.
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

He died of cancer on September 11th, 2007. Thus far, there is no confirmed link between his death and a possible terrorist agenda.

You find the weirdest things on Wiki.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean

You find the weirdest things on Wiki.

Asmodean
      Its not there any more
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Joe was a great guy and an incredible keyboard player. He recorded with Miles Davis in the 60s. I first heard him in Weather Report, an early jazz-rock fusion group he co-founded with Wayne Shorter in the early 70s. I saw them live in about '73 while at university.

Zawinul is often credited as one of the inventors of fusion, and as a pioneer in bringing electronic keyboards and synthesizers into the jazz world.

RIP.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah, he did some great stuff with Miles Davis and Weather Report. Not sure I ever heard his solo stuff, though.

RIP
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
          X