Any other Frank Rich fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other Frank Rich fans here?

The scene, at least the one framed by the family-room proscenium of the television screen, remains indelible. President George W. Bush emerged from a navy jet that had just landed on the aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln on May 1, 2003. Swathed in flight gear, he cradled a helmet under his arm and told the press that he had flown the plane, and “I miss flying, I can tell you that.” Hours later, he reappeared on deck wearing a business suit and spoke beneath a huge banner reading Mission Accomplished.

This guy has been flaying the Bush administration week after week. He just takes them apart brilliantly, forensically. His column today was piercing to marrow and joint, merciless.

Its the kind of brilliant stinging prose that just makes you wince.

The man is a modern Cicero. I look forward to his column every week, just for the style.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

I'm a fan. Frank Rich's collected columns, 2001-2009, will be the only record posterity will ever need of the Bush Administration -- and the only history that administration deserves.
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

you would be Rufus, you're all quality man
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Why, thank you, sir. I doff my hat to you. [/doff]

I've actually been reading him for years. I loved his theater criticism, and remember thinking that it was strange for the Times to move someone with that background to political commentary. Obviously, it's one of the smartest moves they've ever made.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

what I like about him is he isn't just taking cheap shots like Bush is a moron and all that yada yada

the man is genuinely outraged by the folly and the loss of life

and he can write, so rare these days

Comment

Exactly. Precise, articulate, intelligent, and genuinely earnest outrage makes for a hell of a read.

Comment

Can we kindly quit the mutual masturbation and get on with some threadjacking please?
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Frank Reich FTGCIHW!
                What?

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  Can we kindly quit the mutual masturbation and get on with some threadjacking please?
                  You mean so far I haven't managed to spam my own thread

Comment

I read his columns (given that I have a subscription to the Times) but honestly, he has written the same column every week for the past 4 years.

I get it Frank, try something new.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                    X