Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have this other thread on visiting countries....how about owning one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have this other thread on visiting countries....how about owning one?

So basically, this is a development program off the coast of Dubai. They are building a number of islands which, when viewed from the air, forms the shape of the continents.

This is going to be luxury to the nth degree.

You can still apply for an island. Just make a development plan for your island, and submit it to The World for approval

Cool, huh?

Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Yeah, saw some promotional videos of that place. It's definitely cool And definitely so exclusively expensive, that I can kiss this one goodbye

But yeah, cool stuff, I'm waiting to see what crazy Dubai developers do next.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Note how big Greenland is. Then compare it to Africa. In the real World, Africa is about 14 times the size of Greenland
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Yeah but the property values can't be the same for Africa. I wonder if those islands are dumps too?

(disclaimer to sensitive people, Africa is not a dump, it is quite amazing and has huge and vast areas of nature and beauty, it is a continent and like any other continent it has it's problems. Now get off my face you racist punk.)
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Been there, seen it.

Honestly I don't think anyone thought thought about what this would do to the coastal currents. It is far more difficult to navigate the waters to Jebel Ali now because of this and the twenty odd multiple mile long palm trees jutting out of the coast now too.

I remember coming in the second time years after I was first there and getting pissed off at the Quartermaster for doodling palm trees all over the charts. Turned out they were legitimate updates
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I forgot who it was on these forums who said it, but it was spot on:

They are playing Sim City with real money.

Unbelievable stuff going on there.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
              Been there, seen it.

Honestly I don't think anyone thought thought about what this would do to the coastal currents. It is far more difficult to navigate the waters to Jebel Ali now because of this and the twenty odd multiple mile long palm trees jutting out of the coast now too.

I remember coming in the second time years after I was first there and getting pissed off at the Quartermaster for doodling palm trees all over the charts. Turned out they were legitimate updates
              Exactly what was your rank/function?

Comment

He was an O-ficial U.S. Navy Palm tree avoider and Offshore Current tester. Can't you read?

Sorry Patroklos...I couldn't resist.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Exactly what was your rank/function?
                  I happened to be Officer of the Deck that day. Jebel Ali is normally an easy transit, it is an artficial port so it is all nice straight lines Still pretty easy, but those artificial islands funnel the water along the coast in a very odd way.

He was an O-ficial U.S. Navy Palm tree avoider and Offshore Current tester. Can't you read?
                  Dude, I laughed my ass off when I read that
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

I happened to be Officer of the Deck that day. Jebel Ali is normally an easy transit, it is an artficial port so it is all nice straight lines Still pretty easy, but those artificial islands funnel the water along the coast in a very odd way.
                    Ah okay - in all the navy threads that we have had, I can't remember you mentioning that you had officer rank. I must have missed that

Comment

I think it's strange how environmentalists appear to be giving Arabs a free pass.

But maybe they don't want to cause any trouble.

Comment

I guess it gives being an environmentalist a whole new dimension, when you put yourself at the risk of a Jihad, for sticking up for what you believe in

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                          I think it's strange how environmentalists appear to be giving Arabs a free pass.
                          They care as much about the Arabs as you.

See? You could be friends.
                          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Who?

Winston and the Arabs? Or Winston and the environmentalists?

Comment

Honestly, looking at the picture there, it would make one hell of a golf course. All sand and water traps

Comment

Working...
                              X