How did cavemen cut their toe nails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did cavemen cut their toe nails?

We have clippers, but they only had rocks. Seems rather painful beating your toenails off with a rock. Any ideas? How would you cut them if you had nothing?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Bite them. It keeps you supple.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Lancer, you must have a LOT of free time on your hands to wonder about a question like that.

And in response - I don't have a clue and would prefer not to dwell on it.

Comment

Maybe not having shoes leads to toenails being broken more often.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

From the examples provided by primitive modern-day people who go barefoot, their toenails would be largely non-existant due to being continually smashed away by collisions with rocks, roots etc.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I assume they had pedicures
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

We need a prehistory subforum
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I've also thought about this. The ones that didn't bite their nails, I guess they just broke them outside, walking on rocks and something.

That must be painful, getting your nail broken, infected and all kinds of stuff.

Or maybe they had all kinds of technologies, we just don't know about it because they were wiped out. Maybe they were more advanced, maybe the paintings on caves are just ... tags that kids made or something.

Then we come along "OHHH LOOK AT THIS! THEY KNEW ANIMAL! Look, this means that they also ... they also had FIRE!".

Man, we look stupid.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

*Once again, Asmodean finds himself wishing that this site had a :shudder: smiley*
                  Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I cay say, from personal experience, that toenails manage themselves. When they grow too large, the excess simply breaks off. Usually, it's completely non-problematic. When they grow to be larger than around 3mm to 5mm, bits of around 2mm start to break off as you walk, or do things.

And sometimes, the little toe's entire nail is removed, but that's not painful at all, and it grows back pretty nicely.

Comment

sometimes I peel any excess toe nail off
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

They were gradually worn down in manual labour or I suppose they could just tear off any excess pieces that were in the way.
                        It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Are you guys being serious or you really don't know you can cut nails with our own other nails, use fingernails to cut toenails. Middle finger and thumb are pretty good for this.

Comment

And they had flint knives.

Comment

Maybe they played a little football now and again, during their lunch hour, once the cavewomen went shopping, times like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X