• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer for sailors' lives

2 sailors missing, 14 rescued after ships collide at Haifa port

The Associated Press
    Thursday, August 30, 2007

JERUSALEM: Two ships collided just outside Israel's northern port of Haifa late Thursday, Israeli officials said. One of the ships sank, and 14 of its sailors were rescued, but two were missing, they said.

Moshe Weizman, a spokesman for the Haifa coast guard, said searches were in progress. "There was a collision by and Israeli merchandise vessel and a Cypriot ship," he said. No one was hurt aboard the Cypriot ship.

Media reports said all the sailors on the stricken Israeli ship were foreign.

The Israeli ship was cut in two and sank after the Cypriot vessel crashed into it, Israeli media reported. The Israeli military sent helicopters, ships and doctors to help with the search and rescue operation, the military said in a statement.
    I hear choppers and see the flares outside my window.
    Attached Files

Re: Prayer for sailors' lives

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

I hear choppers and see the flares outside my window.
    I hope they find the missing two quickly.

Comment

still tons of flares, for two hours now
      Attached Files

Comment

Bad deal.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

On a sidenote, has your Fuji lived up to the expectations you had? Those two photos seem OK, though the first one is pretty noisy.

Comment

yes it did.
            that is 800 ISO at least, btw, so the 'noisy' part is really not that big.

Comment

I like those pics

*Makes mental note to visit Haifa at least once*
              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

btw, the two boatmen drowned.
                their bodies were recovered after dawn

Comment

Working...
                X