Funny Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Stories

These came up on a footy forum I go to. All supposedly "true".

Made me laugh, especially the lobster one.

Commenting on a complaint from a Mr. Arthur Purdey about a large domestic gas bill, a spokesman for North West Gas said, "We agree it was rather high for the time of year. It's possible Mr.Purdey has been charged for the gas used up during the explosion that destroyed his house." (The Daily Telegraph).

Police reveal that a woman arrested for shoplifting had whole salami in her underwear. When asked why, she said it was because she was missing her Italian boyfriend. (The Manchester Evening News).

The RUC (N. Irish police) are being handicapped in a search for a stolen van, because they cannot issue a description. It's a Special Branch vehicle and they don't want the public to know what it looks like. (The Guardian).

A young girl who was blown out to sea on a set of inflatable teeth was rescued by a man on an inflatable lobster.
    A coast guard spokesman commented, "This sort of thing is all too common". (The Times).

At the height of the gale, the harbour master radioed a coastguard and asked him to estimate the wind speed. He replied he was sorry, but he didn't have a gauge. However, if it was any help, the wind had just blown his Land Rover off the cliff. (Aberdeen Evening Express)

Mrs. Irene Graham of Thorpe Avenue, Boscombe, delighted the audience with her reminiscence of the German prisoner of war who was sent each week to do her garden. He was repatriated at the end of 1945, she recalled. "He'd always seemed a nice friendly chap, but when the crocuses came up in the middle of our lawn in February 1946, they spelt out 'Heil Hitler.'" (Bournemouth Evening Echo)
    Post yours.
    Only feebs vote.

This happened to me first year in Uni - I got pulled over by traffic cops for speeding, all dressed up for a Fags & Hookers costume party.
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Fags & Hookers costume party.
      What kind of combination is that?
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

That's the best we came up with to get the girls to dress as they did.
        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Well done!
          What?

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
            This happened to me first year in Uni - I got pulled over by traffic cops for speeding, all dressed up for a Fags & Hookers costume party.
            wow, the cops here wear such boring clothes.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

More strange than funny, I suppose, but Ferrari is currently suing a Copenhagen undertaker for copyright infringement.

He had arranged for the manufacture of a bright red urn, adorned it with Ferrari logo stickers (provided by Ferrari themselves for the occasion), and put to rest the cremated remains of a young boy who'd always been more fond of motor racing than anything else in the world.

The story of the "Ferrari urn" got on the news, along with other examples of personalised urns made by a sculptural artist, incorporating logos of Chanel and several local football clubs. These urns were supposedly not intended for actual use, but rather were so-called works of art inspired by the Ferrari one, which was made by the same artist, originally commisioned by the undertaker in question.

This news coverage prompted Ferrari to sue, in spite of their national dealer having previously sent out the stickers for use with the urn. Chanel swiftly joined the suit once it became known. The football clubs were apparently much too occupied with other matters, commonly associated with sports.

The civil court case was postponed last week by the judge, because the undertaker appeared in court without an attorney, having deemed the whole thing too frivolous to warrant the expense of hiring one. The judge strongly advised the undertaker to reconsider his position, and get himself proper legal representation for the next court date, set for next month.

Sorry, no inflatable lobsters involved as of yet, though as this fascinating case continues to develop, there very well might be at some point in the future.

Comment

that's stupid

how can he sued for the Chanel one if he never sold it?

additionally, he bought the stickers! What's he suppose to do with them? Not stick them on anything? SHeit, if you can't stick stickers on objects without getting sued by the image of the sticker my daughter should be getting sued by Strawberry Shortcake!
                Monkey!!!

Comment

More inflatable lobster stories!!!!

e.g.

"Republican politician accused of soliciting a man to touch his inflatable lobster in restroom."
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
                    Now they all dress that way.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                    X