What's good for digestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's good for digestion?

I think I have a really bad digestion problem, and i'm starting to think it may be caused by the speed that I eat food.

I don't eat a lot and most of my food is reasonably healthy, but I eat it at a very fast pace, i'm not messy though. For example, a typical Mcdonalds meal, like a Big Mac, fries and drink, I can consume within 3-5 minutes.

So, it may explain why my stomach area is bulging a bit, but the rest of my body is very fit and healthy.

So my question is, what do I do? I don't want to take pills and crap, I want to eat foods that are more digestive, and of course yes, I have to start eating properly, but that's kind of difficult for now. I also drink large sums of liquid in a short space of time. I often drink 1 litre of any juice within about 5 minutes. I don't drink alcohol or gassy drinks.

Anyone else do the same as me?
    be free

Mcdonald's is reasonably healthy?

I think it's the quality of the food that comes into play. though some people may have a predisposition towards digestion problems. Too much fried food or frozen food may cause problems.

Comment

You do know what an example is, don't you?
      be free

Comment

Chew, it IS needed as part of the digestion process!

And avoid nutrition-substitutes like McD's.

Comment

I suffered indigestion (or acid reflux I think my GP calls it) for years.

Eventually a GP got around to mentioning the things which exacerbate this. They are tea and coffee (caffeine), red wine and spicy foods.

In my case cutting down on tea and coffee (which I used to drink in heroic quantities) has virtually got rid of the indigestion.

There is another thing you can do. There is a common stomache bug - helicobacter pylori - which can cause gastritis. There is a simple test for the presence of the bug and a small cocktail of drugs can kill it off. It might be worth asking your doctor about that.

Comment

Acidophilus is good for digestion. It's a general name for a group of probiotics found in milk products such as youghurt and sour (fermented) milk (called filmjolk in swedish). I'm not sure it's available in other parts of the world, but if there's an IKEA near you you can probably get it there...

Acidophilus also comes in capsules.

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Ginger
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Aloe vera.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

So, it may explain why my stomach area is bulging a bit, but the rest of my body is very fit and healthy.
                  That can also be a sign of stress.

Eat more fiber, take a multivitamin and have at least an apple or a serving of fruit each day.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Fernet Branca
                    Underberg
                    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Boose.

Spec.
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Chewing.

WTF is boose?
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

That would be "booze", for you.

Spec.
                          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                            Booze.

Spec.
                            Fixed to keep LS happy.
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

You beat me to it Spec.
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                              X