No announcement yet.

UK forces to stay in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another problem is that the solution that is made by the Iraquis themselves might not please the west.
    The solution the Iraqis choose could well be, to make Iraq an islamist state (if the majority of the people there wants it).

The difficult question is IMHO what the west would make if such a thing happens, i.e. if the majority of the iraqis votes for an islamist government.
    (MHO the west could do nothing, as militery intervention would mean an attack on a democratic chosen government and therefore would mean a massive loss of face for the west)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

We don't care if a government is "democratically" elected so much as it be acceptable to us (ie Palestine, Pakistan, SA, Afghanistan, the list is endless...)

We will settle for another strongman (as long as he is our strongman).
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X