• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA! Italian is nice but...

THAI ACCENT IS THE BEST!
    be free

Comment

Originally posted by The Vagabond
      British. It sounds so self-righteous and pompous that you get charmed by it.

[not a joke]

You've obviously never heard the Brummie or Scouse accents, both of which are British.

I think you may be referring to 'Received Pronunciation' .

I've always found my well-modulated tones go down very well abroad- they were certainly a big help in the U.S. and Morocco.

I love English spoken by French Canadians. It's like aural sex. They make directions to a ferry terminal sound like a smooth seduction.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

I love English spoken by French Canadians. It's like aural sex. They make directions to a ferry terminal sound like a smooth seduction.
        You need help.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH

You need help.
          Mais non!

I suppose it helped that the man I was talking to was very handsome, well-endowed and nude (it was on Wreck Beach in Vancouver).

But I did also work with French Canadians in London, and I do love their accented English.

Their French accent, on the other hand...
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            Combat Ingrid,

ROFL!

Comment

But I did also work with French Canadians in London, and I do love their accented English.

We're trying to get them to lose that.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Mais non!

I suppose it helped that the man I was talking to was very handsome, well-endowed and nude (it was on Wreck Beach in Vancouver).

Yeah, Wreck Beach is a magical place.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I like the accents of Indians. It's amusing to hear.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                  X