What's in your wardrobe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in your wardrobe?

The shopping thread got me thinking about what people here wear. And what people in general wear. My impression is that a red shirt would probably pass as flashy by apolyton standards. But even if you just take a look onto any street, the overall fashion is pretty homogenous, with the biggest difference being niche fashions like goths , punks, ect... who end up all looking similiar in their own way, too.

In the shopping thread Lorizael mentioned not wanting to stand out in a crowd. but even people who stand out in a typical crowd, have a crowd of their own. Is it possible to escape the crowd?

So, with those thoughts in mind, let's all post what's in our wardrobe for purposes of comparison, posturing, and mockery.

My wardrobe is actually pretty small at the moment so i can list it item for item:

4 plaid boxer shorts (2 blues 1 red, 1 white)
    1 pair of Silk boxers, naturally dyed (yellowish)
    1 pair of flourescent orange long johns
    1 Red T-Shirt with screen sprint
    1 Flourescent green T-Shirt with screen print
    1 Dark Green Shirt with screen print
    1 Plain blue T-Shirt
    1 Baby blue dress shirt
    1 Pair of faded blue jeans, with holes and drawings
    3 Sarongs (all mixed colours)
    1 Kilt, scot tartan (green)
    1 pair of of slightly worn out "watersport" shoes
    1 pair of black leather dress shoes
    1 Brown wool sweater
    1 Green rain coat
    1 Blue under coat
    1 Blue backpack
    2 Macrame hemp belts. (one yellow, one green)
    Last edited by General Ludd; August 27, 2007, 16:12.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

I buy shirts as if they're disposable items; I have about 10-15 solids (for work - mostly Express 1MX shirts, since I have an Express credit card and teh store I visit has lots of sales), and maybe 5-10 striped one for teh clubs (again, lots of Express, cos teh cuts look good on my bodytype; I tried H&M once, teh European cuts blow - If they fit my shoulders, they balloon out around teh waist like doughnuts). Then there are teh formal ones for suits, a couple broad- and tab-collared ones, a couple french-cuffed ones, and one or two tux shirts.

Maybe 10 pairs of pants (6 of which are pretty much teh same shade of khaki).

I don't throw stuff away, so I have maybe 40 t-shirts, most hidden away in boxes that I didn't bother to unpack when I moved.

About 10 belts, to match teh various watch-strap and shoe combinations I can pull off.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

It's a good thing you have all those sarongs, since you're packing so light
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The nice thing about sarongs is that they are multi functional. Aside from being skirts, they can also be used as hobo sacks, curtains, or picnik sheets.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Sarongs and kilts
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

My wardrobe is mostly your basic "business casual" stuff plus jeans, some shorts, etc. 1 suit & a few ties from a bygone era

Basically, you can buy pretty much everything I own from LL Bean, and indeed I have plenty of stuff from them.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

39 tshirts.
              15 'fitted' tops, but most of them i don't wear because they're too tight.
              11 dress shirts.
              4 dress skirts.
              1 jean skirt
              1 whore skirt.
              5 spaghetti strap tops, for wearing under white shirts.
              3 tank tops.
              1 pair of jeans.
              1 pair of khakis.
              1 pair of long shorts.
              10 pairs of cotton shorts.
              3 pairs of nike/puma shorts.
              30ish pairs of socks, half of them white and the other half awesome.
              30ish panties.
              6 bras.
              2 sports bras.
              2 dresses.
              5 hoodies.

and then a bunch of clothes i need to get out of my closet that don't fit.

Comment

I have an assortment of soid, dark colored dress shirts for work along with a couple pairs of black dress pants.

I have a wide array of t-shirts that are mostly plain colors. I've got a few pairs of jeans and a few pairs of khakis.

I have many long-sleeved shirts and sweaters that may or may not have designs on them; most of them were presents.

My winter coat, actually, is the most fashionable thing I own. I have a long, black pee coat that goes well with my dress clothes.

I have three pairs of shoes, which is more than I've ever owned in the past: one pair of random black dress shoes for work; one pair of these very comfortable suede shoes that will hopefully last longer than the sneakers I used to normally wear; one pair of sneakers that I wear to the gym.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I find your little sister disturbing, b etor. Or you, if that's just you taking something innocent she said and making it sound dirty...

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I have a stack of underpants, T-shirts, socks, pants and shirts. Every morning I shower and grab one item off the top of each stack and put it on. Sometimes my wife makes me change.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                        I find your little sister disturbing, b etor. Or you, if that's just you taking something innocent she said and making it sound dirty...

-Arrian
                        out of context of course

Comment

Comment

I am curious as to what the whore skirt is
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I doubt I can even remember, but here's a shot:

about 20 dress shirts (as in long sleeve, button-up, can wear with a suit)
                              6-7 casual long sleeve shirts
                              8 suits (separate from blazers and pants below)
                              2 blazers
                              8-10 pairs of dress pants
                              25-30 ties
                              about 10 casual short sleeve collared shirts
                              25 (?) t shirts of various descriptions
                              4 pairs of jeans (three blue, one black)
                              4 pairs of khakis, various shades
                              3 pairs of linen pants
                              2 pairs of cords
                              20-25 cotton or wool sweaters of various descriptions
                              about 10 pairs of boxer shorts
                              3 pairs of long underwear
                              2 pairs of track pants
                              5-6 pairs of shorts
                              30 (?) pairs of socks
                              4 pairs of dress shoes
                              8(?) pairs of casual shoes/sandals
                              2 pairs of running shoes
                              8-10 jackets of various weights
                              assorted belts, cufflinks, etc.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X