Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australia to only accept gay immigrants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by germanos
    Why?
    It wasn't a requirement for the first immigrants either.
    Times change...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
      You know what? I don't like 'em IQ tests... the discriminate against us stupid ppl! They should be banned.

Also, wtf is up with this new question on the US Immigration test? "Do you hate America?" I mean, are we discriminating against terrorists now?
      Yeah, and what about the one that asks if you've ever committed a crime for which you were not arrested? I mean, that discriminates against us people who don't feel that an immigration form is an appropriate place to start owning up!
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
        If the Aborigines didn't set a citizenship test then you can hardly blame the English speaking immigrants for not taking one.
        If the Aborigines did set the citizenship test, I think Gary Glitter and Jonathan King may have found a new refuge
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Are you implying that Aborigines are child molestors?
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Now where did I say that?
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Yes, I think that's the point. They want immigrants who have a grasp of the language of the country they are intending to live in...
              That would be the English language?

A pity then that those from our area of the world lack such a grasp.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Aye, the English language.

And which area of the world are you referring to. Newcastle? I can never understand what they are saying there
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

He is talking about Americans. Obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    On the other hand, Australia has no official language. If there is no official language, its kind of silly to have an only-English citizenship exam. If you want to do that, just try to pass English as the official language.
                    Actually, according to the Department of Industry etc and the Department of Foreign Affairs etc, the official language of Australia is English. Shocking, I know.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It's only official in the sense that it's the language of official documentation.

The questions and answers can now descend into further semantics.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        Demanding that people should speak or at least try to speak the language is racist.

THis is only meant to discourage people from trying to get in

What about rapists? They get points deducted for being a rapist, but what does that have to do with getting into a country? YOu know that's racist. Shame on you Australia, shame on you.

On a more serious note, I think this is a good rule. Where does the leve of language skills go? They shouldn't be high, they should be very low ones with a promise to continue learning it.

Also family deals, if there is like a couple and the other one speaks the language, that could be enough. I think the whole idea is to ensure that the applicants have the means to survive and integrate to their new country. Not too much to ask IMO, if it takes these cases into consideration individually, because you might have situations that just don't fit this mold. But as a general rule? Yeah, a good one.
                        Ya we should all be like Babylon and not be able to understand each other. Oh what the heck, even when we do speak the same language we don't understand each other.
                        EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Working...
                        X