Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What great novels have been published from 1980 to this day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher
    Teh Da Vinci Code? (I liked it)
    That qualifies you for automatic revocation of your lit-geek license, if you have one.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
      I've had the book a year and I'm maybe on page 100.

ACK!
      Heathen!!! It'd be a brilliant book of literature!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Teh Da Vinci Code
        Teh

Da Da Vinci Code
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Bird song sebastian Faulks
          Regeneration Pat Barker

Anything by Douglas Adams
          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

That qualifies you for automatic revocation of your lit-geek license, if you have one.
            QFT
            What?

Comment

Teh Da Vinci Code? (I liked it)
              /me cries.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

* Kuciwalker cries.
                KIAR
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Heathen!!! It'd be a brilliant book of literature!
                  You're right, it would be, if it wasn't so bloody boring.

Fight Club by Chuck Pahlahniuk is a pretty good read.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

There is something wrong with you if you think "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell" is boring. You probably wanted 'splosions and stuff .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

There is something wrong with you if you think "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell" is boring. You probably wanted 'splosions and stuff .
                      I think my biggest problem with it is the language, it's very stilted.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The Name of the Rose - Umberto Eco - one of the all time greatest

Smilla's sense of snow - Peter Høgh

Two of my favourite novels
                        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy (though the last one goes over the top in sermonising).

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                            I think my biggest problem with it is the language, it's very stilted.

ACK!
                            The language is the best part! That's what makes the novel "great". Written in more of a florid, 1800s type prose... with some utterly hilarious footnotes.

Comment

Working...
                            X