Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iranian Aggressors Pluck Their Eyebrows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iranian Aggressors Pluck Their Eyebrows!

Iran shuts 'Western' barber shops
    Iranian police have closed more than 20 barbers' shops in the capital Tehran.

The authorities say the barbers were encouraging un-Islamic behaviour by offering Western hairstyles, tattooing and also eyebrow-plucking for men.

Police say they have inspected more than 700 shops during a two-week crackdown in the city.

The move is part of an annual campaign against what is known locally as bad hijab, or un-Islamic clothing, that this year is also targeting men.

Hundreds of women and men have already been cautioned.

Police say that as well as avoiding Western hairstyles and make up, barbers should not pluck customers' eyebrows.

The closure of the shops comes several months after barbers were warned that they could lose their licences if they did not comply.

However, police have denied a report that they have ordered barbers not to serve customers wearing ties.

Some young boys in Iran sport very wild hair styles, using gel to make their long hair stand on end in a fashion not seen in other countries, correspondents say.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...st/6960959.stm
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

This is why Iranians don't scare me, they obviously already have their hands full as it is.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Damn. I don't pluck my eyebrows.
      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

So I guess in Iranian eyes, Manson would go to heaven but Elvis is burning in hell. God is all about the 'dos
        EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

wow, i expected more answers

perhaps i should have put "Iranian Aggressors Pluck Their Eyebrows!"
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Hairstyles count as clothing? :huh?:
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Unibrows ftw!

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Nice touch with the dish cloths.

Comment

Be careful, she has a gun...
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
                    Unibrows ftw!

wonder what kind of razor they are using - it doesn't look like a high quality such.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by germanos
                      Damn. I don't pluck my eyebrows.
                      You must be an Islamic terrorist! Quick, call the police!
                      Last edited by Thue; August 25, 2007, 19:15.
                      http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Nono, that's the ewol american way. Be a good European now and go into dialog.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                        X