X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who I don't like

There's many of them.

But I keep it to myself.

Anyway, there was this idiotic discussion about smokers, and how they are the scum of the earth. Well... I'm all for smoke free environments. I think a person shouldn't have to suffer from smoke if they don't want to. It's simple and smokers should be polite about their ways.

But when they're polite and take the measures to take others into consideration, what's left is SMOKE PIGS.

Smoke pigs are the jerks who come to you, outdoors, complain about your smoke. They don't say "could you put it out?". This isn't even my problem, since I never smoke when other people are going to be subjected to the smoke. I'm polite about it. I don't even smoke when I'm about to meet a person right after it. It's being polite. And this has lead to a situation where people who have known me for some time are surprised, because I don't smell like that. It's disgusting. That, and I usually wash my hands before meeting a person I'm supposed to shaeks hands with, it's polite. It's being nice and considerate and it's not a lot of work.

Some people smoke just before they jump into a crowded bus or something... some people don't smell after smoking but some smell REALLY bad. It's this strong smell and it's disgusting. It gives you a nausea even.

So anyway, I can speak from experience, that I'm a polite smoker, I always ask outdoors if it's ok and there's no obvious place to go and do your sinful acts, so I ask. Usually I just don't even ask since I won't bother them with it.

So I'm left with SMOKE PIGS, who come to you and start complaining. DUDE, why did you come right next to me and started complaining, why? There's so much open space and there's nothing happening here where I'm standing, why did you come here to complain, do you have to be here, NO?, so what the hell?!

Those people are jerks. Those are the people who demand prohibition for smoking in pubs. Next, they'll ban alcohol in pubs. I'm all for non-smoking sections and smoking rooms so that the air keeps nicer. So anyway, why won't we just let the owner decide what he wants to do? If you don't like smoking pubs, GO TO ANOTHER ONE THAT IS SMOKE FREE!!!

And people who say, well this is really to make the environment safer for the workers of the pubs, well.. don't go work for a pub that has smoking in it. It's that simple, it's not like you HAVE to absolutely work there, and there's tons of people who won't mind so they can work there. Why should I care abotu your picky ass, hey, I don't work as a male prostitute for old guys because.. well.. uhh.. I don't want to. OK? You don't start being a male prossie for old guys and then demand no sex policy, only massage. You don't do that, because it's none of your business.

I don't come to your home complaining about **** that I don't like, I stay out of your business, so why do you have to come and invade my space?

If I ever get into a fight in the future, it's prolly me doing severe violence to a jerk like this. I have first strike policy in use, FAFU! (first action force use), which has proven to be effective and appropriate when dealing with jerks. I say ban jerks. Let's kill them jerks where ever we see them, because THEY make the environemtn poisonous with their crap. Kill them all! DIE DDIDE DIEE!!!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

And I'm not saying there aren't rude smokers, because there are and lots of them. I've complained to jerk smokers and have said to put it out.

The point is, that the SMOKE PIGS are a pest who don't like you because of what you do with your own body and they prolly would like to blow up some cigarette factories, because they're fanatics in jerkism.

It's not your problem, stay out of my face. They're militant about it as we ll, that's the thing,, they're so militant. If you come to my space and complain about it when you have absolutely no reason to be there other than just to come and complain, that was your only mission and reason to be there, you know.. get the **** out of here. And then they're surprised because they are being so sensible and you're being rude and giving them obscenities. But they don't understand their level of jerkism, that's why people are rude to them. Their space invasion and their ways are just so sickening, that they'll get obscenities and rudeness back and that's only justified. They're blind jerks. We should kill them.

THe point is, their level of jerkism is far more worse than anything else. I never ever smoke when there are small kids around even outdoors. I go somewhere else, even though the smoke won't get them. Extra polite, for the parents and others, so there's not even a feeling of smoke jerk.

Somehow the act of holding a cigarette is so negative and horrible to some people, that when they see it, they go bananas and become militant. I don't care if these people get hit by a bus. Good. He was a jerk. I'm sure some relatives will miss him but it's still a positive outcome. Good, he's dead. Right on.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

a Pekka double-post. violence and nicotene. cursing and a debatable topic. this thread has all the makings of the traditional...

BTW I know whare you are coming from here, Pekka, as I was a chain smoker for 5 years. It is interesting to see the perspective from the other side of the fence now, however, as I have been smoke free now for over 2 years. I can pick up a smoker like a radar from about 20-30 feet away. I personaly dont care one way or the other and I will NEVER get militant about smokers, but AS a former smoker i know what you mean and how frustrating it is...
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

The swedes know how to handle evil smokers - they forbid them to smoke in their own garden :

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

They recently banned smoking in bars here in Charleston. I was never really bothered by smoke before, but I did notice the difference when they were not there.

I smoked in college, and since I live in my college town I still smirk when I see college kids trying to be "edgy" by smoking. Sort of like when they get those cool tattoos quoting Marx on their neck line. Yeah man, you won't regret that latter, no sir
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I'm not frustrated about smokers and the demands that they should be polite, I agree with it. I think no one should have to suffer from it unless they want to, plain and simple.

However, it's the space invaders that I hate. The ones that come to you, the militant ones. It's pretty rare but it happens. Last time this woman came to hassle me I told her she was a fat cow, and I don't condone the fact that the society pays for her treatment and that she's a burden. I told her with a straight face that if this was the old days, she wouldn't even survive, she's too fat, talk about selfish, I at last make sure I'm not bothering people whereas she is so selfish that she eats her way to death when there's hunger problem around the world. In fact, you're so fat that you smell, you have a BO problem. Is that polite? You're a bigger problem, quite literally, so why don't you blubber away and take small steps so you won't hurt your joints and stuff, because I end up paying for it you big fat disgusting human cow, and show some example, I hope you don't have kids because they'll prolly become fat like you because you teach them about nutrition and you just let yourself go, you aggressive she-cow.

Well it didn't go like this word to word, but you get the idea. At the end I was the "rude" one and had a horrible behaviour. It was intentional. COme to me and I'll make you sad about yourself and that's ultimate victory. Good. I want you to feel lesser and of negative value. Good. Next time she won't come and shoot her mouth to me.
            In da butt.

Comment

Pat, they, who? the smoke or the smokers? The smokers are still in smoke free bars. Yeah the air is better and it's a good thing, but I'd make it a question of choice, not force.

And about being edgy, maybe some kids try to do that by smoking, but this is Europe. We're cool by default and there's lots of smokers, so it's not a key to be edgy or cool. In fact, you're lowering your own cool points if you smoke. So if you want to be cool, you're better off not smoking.

But you mean different kind of edgy. I know what you mean. These people are next on the list to be killed after the SMOKE PIGS are gone. Not by default but some of these people tend to also invade everyone's space and start with their crap. They judge you from all points, because they read one book. They're usually so inexperienced, that it's easy to see what they read and that it's their first experience in thoughts other than sex or booze. So they're loud and stupid. They're easily challenged though, when you know their influences and the books they've read, you can take them down. Suddenly they have no answers, or questions. Some of them turn out OK, some of them stay in course of jerkism. Usually the self righteous types will keep the course.

They're forced to have one opinion, because that's all they know. So when they're faced with a person who knows what they know, plus x 10, well, the smart ones will learn. THey learn not to judge a book by its cover, they realize that they aren't so smart, and that they want to read more. They want to have more chances to acquire an opinion. They realize that there aren't set truths in things but lots of options and who is to say who is right objectively. They become information hungry. They will be OK. Except the self righteous ones, who are in it for feeling superior, a false feeling.

Also we can take out the smoke jerks as well. No problem here.
              Last edited by Pekka; August 23, 2007, 10:08.
              In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Yeah the air is better and it's a good thing,

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Pat, they, who? the smoke or the smokers? The smokers are still in smoke free bars. Yeah the air is better and it's a good thing, but I'd make it a question of choice, not force.
                  They being the city goverments. I think it is a little over the top to ban smoking from bars, and like I said the smoke didn't bother me (except when trying to get it out of my clothes) but I did notice the difference when it wasn't there. I think it is hypocritcal to ban smokers because of health reasons when most people in those establishments are about to blitz their liver with a drinking bing

And that is exactly what I meant by edgy Pekka
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I smoke. Don't worry about it. I'll be dead soon and you won't have to worry about it.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sloww, yes but I didn't say you are SMOKE PIG. You can live.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Actually you are a first for me Pekka. I've never met a smoker that wasn't rude and that includes my parents. Now of course, most smoker do show some consideration, but only so much as it doesn't interfere with getting there fix for too long.

Now my parents don't smoke inside, don't smoke in the car, and generally don't smoke around my kids. One time however, we were out on the lake in my father's boat to watch a fireworks show for the 4th of July. Both my sons were in the boat and it is not a very big boat. Do you think my parents and their freinds good go two hours without smoking? No, the proceded to as if totally ignorant that it would bother anyone because we were outside. I was miserable the entire time. I can't stand the smell of smoke and it burns my nose and makes me want to puke. The worst part however was the total disregard for my sons health. I was very upset with my parents but didn't say anything because everyone was having a good time (except me). I don't understand the smoker culture. Pekka seems to know, but don't the rest of you know just how much you STINK?
                        EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

It burns your nose, and you don't say to put it out?

I don't stink. You can say what ever you want about ""yeah you alls tink you just dont smell it". Well, like I said, people are usualyl surprised to find out after some time because I like taking care of smell issues. But yes, many smokers smell, it's intrusive and causes nausea. I know this, because it makes me feel nausea. Especially in the morning, yuk.. it's... I can't stand it. I feel ill when I smell it.

Smoker culture, there's no smoker culture.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                            They recently banned smoking in bars here in Charleston. I was never really bothered by smoke before, but I did notice the difference when they were not there.
                            smoking in all workplaces is banned in this country. though in most pubs and clubs, the smell of smoke has largely been substiuted for stale alcohol, body odour, and if you're really lucky, vomit.

of course smoking ciggies is a mug's game anyway, but we all know that.
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I saw that piece on the BBC a couple of days ago about smells in pubs, you just know what is coming next right...

No more beer in pubs!!!!
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X