No announcement yet.

China, Earth's New Best Friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THat's basically another way to see it. It's just saying that well, we're getting these bad products cheaper. It's saying that substandard products can be pushed around with the price.

No ****? If you can't pay for products that ultimately have been cut in the price that still are of standard, coming from China, adn you want to save money buy getting the faulty products (toys, food), well... you're being too cheap
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
      I'm sure all this craze now has only to do with Chinese chunk products. Nothing of a hyped, concerted media campaign here.

The best bit is, when journalist then can't even read statistics.
      I read in several articles that China produces some 80% of the toys sold in our stores. And then the horror: In one newspaper I had to read that more than 40% of all complaints about toys concern Chinese toys.
      I only wished that the 20% produced in other countries wouldn't make up for 60% of the complaints.

Summing up, the stats was most likely completely wrong and the journalist did misread it terribly.

There's so much going wrong in Chinese economy and politics on a daily basis that our free media could continuously inform us. But this China-panic shows me how extremely vulnerable the free press is to staged campaigns, everyone reporting the same. Hello, hello, this is Radio Truth.
      Also, it will be forgotten in a few months.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I heard about Erin Burnett's comments, but I figured they were a satire, and some moron didn't get the joke.

But she's serious!

"Wal-Mart -- keeping prices low by selling poison food and toys." Now there's a marketing slogan for you!

Comment

Zkribbler, if 100 people died using these products, they'd be even cheaper. NOW WHERE DO WE GET 100 PEOPLE TO DIE!!??
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

[SIZE=1]
            "Wal-Mart -- keeping prices low by selling poison food and toys." Now there's a marketing slogan for you!

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

People are willing to pay more for the peace of mind.

China needs to move beyond entry level capitalism.

Comment

Working...
              X