Legalising feminazi terrorism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kontiki

So you're of the mind that if the husband is the primary (or only) wage earner and a couple buys a house, the house is actually his and he should be able to designate where his wife is and isn't allowed to go?
    I'm of the opinion that he decides what to do with his property.

I agree that he'd be a total bastard to treat a woman like that, but you still have to respect the fact that he owns the place, and has certain rights over it.

Comment

What has the Indian Government done about the practice of abandoning widows?

I understand your concerns here... that abuse can sometimes be difficult to prove or disprove... but really... we've gotta do something about domestic violence. I don't know how bad it is in India... but I do know that when the British took over there you had a little bit of a problem with something called "suttee". I'm not saying you guys still practice that... but, like almost every other country (including western countries) you have to deal with a culture that has historically placed women on a lower rung of society. The whole dowry thing is a bit like that.... a women is so worthless that her family has to offer a bribe to marry her off. You've also got the whole problem of people aborting their babies when they find out the sex of the foetus... not as bad as what happened in China though, after the one child policy (where many people in the countryside aborted their female babies after they were born).

What I'm saying is that the problem of men being falsely accused of spousal abuse is no excuse to not do anything about what is a real practice with strong cultural precedent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracon II
        What has the Indian Government done about the practice of abandoning widows?

I understand your concerns here... that abuse can sometimes be difficult to prove or disprove... but really... we've gotta do something about domestic violence. I don't know how bad it is in India... but I do know that when the British took over there you had a little bit of a problem with something called "suttee". I'm not saying you guys still practice that... but, like almost every other country (including western countries) you have to deal with a culture that has historically placed women on a lower rung of society. The whole dowry thing is a bit like that.... a women is so worthless that her family has to offer a bribe to marry her off. You've also got the whole problem of people aborting their babies when they find out the sex of the foetus... not as bad as what happened in China though, after the one child policy (where many people in the countryside aborted their female babies after they were born).

What I'm saying is that the problem of men being falsely accused of spousal abuse is no excuse to not do anything about what is a real practice with strong cultural precedent.
        I have no problem with the intent of the law, just with the completely retarded implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

I agree that he'd be a total bastard to treat a woman like that, but you still have to respect the fact that he owns the place, and has certain rights over it.
          Don't get married then. Problem solved.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Tomorrow, imagine someone passes a law saying that if you get married, you have to cut off your penis.

Will you respond to that the same way?

Comment

So having to share your house = cutting off your pecker? Zuh?
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Tomorrow, imagine someone passes a law saying that if you get married, you have to cut off your penis.

Refer to Elok's comment.

But if someone were to agree to a marriage, and it was the law that they would have to have their penis cut off if they did so, then shouldn't they have their penis cut off?

Comment

Awesome stuff.
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Isn't the whole idea of (the modern conception of) marriage that it is a union, a coming together where things that formerly existed independently are now joined - names, lives, and even possessions?
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

I recommend this to anyone in any country for any reason.
                      EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Originally posted by Shrapnel12

I recommend this to anyone in any country for any reason.
                        I agree. Young people are not made aware of the true implications and risks involved.

Comment

Marriage
                          EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Such cynics. In Kid's case, I understand.

But most guys I know who ***** and moan about being married are just being whiners.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                            X