No announcement yet.

Rural Indian Aggressors Tamed by TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I define emancipation as the rejection of all morality, and the subordination of it to your interest of the moment, and finally the claim that your interest of the moment is the definer of morality. That's what it turns into in 90% of cases. The remaining 10% are the ones who build their own morality.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
      No, I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to myself when I said that.
      I didn't think you were taking a shot at me. I was simply noting that my attempt at giving you urban Indians the benifit of the doubt was a tad arrogant in the same way you might be considered arrogant for saying some women aren't "mentally emancipated."

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I define emancipation as the rejection of all morality
        Oh, nevermind. That's ****ing bizarre.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Oh, nevermind. That's ****ing bizarre.

-Arrian
          Ideally, it would mean the construction of your own morality, and the rejection of the imposed one.

Practically, in 90% of the cases, it usually means rejecting all morality. It's the remaining 10% whom I respect.

Comment

I define emancipation as that awkward silence when you sneeze and no one says "God Bless You" or something to that affect.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
            X