Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn in your missile launcher, get 50 USD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn in your missile launcher, get 50 USD!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

A man in Florida surprised police by handing in a surface-to-air missile launcher during a gun amnesty in the city of Orlando.

Under the no-questions-asked scheme, "Kicks for Guns", anyone who surrendered a firearm would receive trainers or $50 (£25).

The Orlando Sentinel newspaper said the man exchanged the rocket launcher for designer footwear for his daughter.

He told the newspaper he found the 4ft (1.2m) weapon in a shed last week.

The unidentified man said he had tried in vain to get rid of the launcher, which is designed to blow aircraft out of the sky.

"I took it to three dumps to try to get rid of it and they told me to get lost."

"I didn't know what to do with it, so I brought it here," he told the newspaper.

Besides the missile launcher, Orlando Police collected more than 310 guns during the amnesty.

After inspecting the rocket launcher, police spokeswoman Sgt Barbara Jones said: "I tell you, you never know what you're going to get."
    I bet people would hand in even their MBTs for free iMacs or so.
    Blah

That's awesome. "I found it in a shed"... yeaaah.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I hope the police are doing something to figure out where the hell that missile came from.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well, depends if it's just a tube, or if it actually had a MISSILE too.

Comment

I suspect there were ways he could've gotten more than $50 for it
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
              I hope the police are doing something to figure out where the hell that missile came from.
              do you not understand what no questions asked means?

Comment

$50 or a pair of shoes for each firearm? I bet if they were to extend this offer to North Korea, all problems would soon be solved.

Comment

I was thinking Iraq.

Comment

Working...
                  X