Coffee table: $750/-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee table: $750/-

I'm about to sell my coffe table. A small classified ad has been running weekly in my paper for over a year now. Pictured is the table, and it says ONLY this model is of interest, and a phone number.

Well, I've got one. Muahahah. And after I saw a similar one at an auction site, priced at DKK 4,000 (~USD 750), I decided to give the ad people a call and hear what they have to offer. If they can match the 4,000 I will probably sell it.

I got it from my parents way back when I moved out. It's rather nice, teak wood, but it's been painted over gray. I don't think the buyers will really mind, it could be restored to its original state without too much effort. And by the looks of it, they're pretty desperate to get it (previous ads have said 'in any condition..'), and even better, they seem to not be aware of internet auction sites and the goods offered there. He-he.

Designer Johannes Andersen, produced ca. 1960
    Attached Files

nice
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

That is a nice table, Winston

I'm still trying to buy my next table ... and it's this one.. Isamu Noguchi coffee table... :drool: ... I've been watching this piece for few years now. It'll be my next table!

Basically everything in that is "my style". I like that kind of stuff. Too bad it's usually pretty expensive
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

danish modern

modern danish

danish cheese

cheese danish
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

danish feta
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

Basically everything in that is "my style". I like that kind of stuff. Too bad it's usually pretty expensive

I have four of those bar stools.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I built a miniature model of that table.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

LordShiva, nice

I guess I'll only get that exact table though, but not the exact other items, but that shows the style that I like. I don't particularly like furniture, I think it's boring usually, but that style I do like. I don't know the name of that style. I know it's expensive
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

It looks like there'll be no deal for me after all. Susanne, the ad-lady, just called me back after I left a message for her earlier. Turned out she wasn't too thrilled about the paint job, and the prospect of further expenses for having it removed. Also, she was not the one who'd been running the ad for over a year, at least that's what she told me. So I alerted her to the auction site, for which she was very grateful. That's me.

And I get to keep my crummy old table. Now for the coffee!

Comment

She sounds like a horrible human being.

Comment

Are you saying I should've volunteered my credit card information to her over the phone?

Comment

It was a good idea at the time

Comment

Now you sound just like a Communist!

So I guess it's no wonder old ladies outsmart you.

Comment

If it's the real thing it's worth your while to re-finish it yourself. Who the **** would paint a teak table. Barbarians!
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I always thought that a coffee table should come with coffee and a table. Otherwise, it's just a 'table', there's nothing else there! Consider when you go to the coffee shop, you don't ask for a 'coffee table' do you? If you did they would look at you funny like you're an idiot and say "what?" So why when you go to buy a table do you ask for a 'coffee table'? That's a rhetorical question. You know damn well you want a table and not a coffee. There must be something w r o n g with you...whose thread is this...Winston.

What The ****?

Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                              X