Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion of Peace: Why Christianity is and Islam Isn’t (Video Interview)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannubis
    I am pretty sure the average standard of living has something to do with it as well
    Really? The SOL of India sucks pretty bad. How many militant Hindus do you know? The SOL of Mexico sucks. How many militant Mexican Christians do you know? How about China? Damn those Buddist jihadists!

...but I don't know any muslim atheists
    That's because they're all dead or too scared to admit it.
    EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
      God also allowed slavery.

If I remember correctly jesus never said anything against slavery.
      So wouldn´t it be a good thing to introduce slavery again?
      After all one should think it is worse than the violence ordered by god in the old testimony.
      Christianity isn't some emancipation movement, to slaves, women, blacks, etc. Christianity is for everybody. Though christianity is the first to say that everybody is equal in the faith. But it asks it's follower to adept to the culture they live in, even if that's a culture of very bad practices.

Paul asks in his letters to slave holders to be kind and nice to them. He asks slaves to be good workers, he asks men to be good to their wifes (against the normal behavior in those days).
      not because christianity approves those bad cultures, but because christianity can't conform to only women, or only slaves, or only blacks.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
      X