The Bourne Ultimatum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bourne Ultimatum

Here follows a list of things that are, theoretically, more awesome than the Bourne trilogy.

Having a three-way with a pair of Victoria's Secret models.

Thus endeth the list.

Has anyone else seen this?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

No, but I saw The Bourne Supremacy yesterday - and it was really entertaining, just like, well, uhm ... watching wet paint dry.

Is this third better ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Matt Damon just screams badass as Jason Bourne. This fact alone makes up for the plot holes and loose stories in the three movies.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

'tis good stuff, it is.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

previous two movies were solid entertainment, expect the third one

i've read one of the books too, good stuff !
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

The Bourne Supremacy was so far off the book that I couldn't finish watching it.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

How does Bourne just walk into the office of the Head Bad Guy. That sort of hurt the movie.

Comment

The Bourne Supremacy was so far off the book that I couldn't finish watching it.

Why not, just consider it as more Bourne!!!

Just finished reading the second volume and immediately started on the third one, can't wait to watch the movie though.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                  How does Bourne just walk into the office of the Head Bad Guy. That sort of hurt the movie.
                  Oi, careful on the spoilers!!!
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

It's in the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by alva

Why not, just consider it as more Bourne!!!

Just finished reading the second volume and immediately started on the third one, can't wait to watch the movie though.
                      Because I already read the fourth Bourne book, where he is in his 50's.

Not written by Ludlum, but written by a guy that is just as good, Eric V. Lustbader.

I'm pretty sure I would have liked the movie, if it wasn't supposed to be Supremacy.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                        It's in the trailer.
                        Ah, well, I try to avoid watching trailers for movies I'm going to see anyway.

Comment

Bourne Ultimatum
                          ****/5
                          I am tremendously impressed with the Bourne Ultimatum. It is the best in the series, and it's the most left-wing, mature action movie I've seen. US needs more movies like this.

Ultimatum explicitly condemns:
                          - rendition (kidnapping of suspects)
                          - torture
                          - Echelon (NSA wiretapping/industrial espionage in Europe)
                          - killing and execution of people
                          - proliferation of security cameras in Britain
                          - blind patriotism

It even plugs the Guardian as the most trustworthy newspaper in the world!

This is all worked into a tight, awesome, consistent plot. I would have preferred a different colour palette and a more relaxed cinematography, but one can't have everything.

What also impressed me is that neither of the two supporting female characters was killed off for cheap drama. The filmmakers had many opportunities to do so, but they had the strength of character to avoid melodramatic cliches.
                          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                            Bourne Ultimatum
                            ****/5
                            I am tremendously impressed with the Bourne Ultimatum. It is the best in the series, and it's the most left-wing, mature action movie I've seen. US needs more movies like this.

Ultimatum explicitly condemns:
                            - rendition (kidnapping of suspects)
                            - torture
                            - Echelon (NSA wiretapping/industrial espionage in Europe)
                            - killing and execution of people
                            - proliferation of security cameras in Britain
                            - blind patriotism

It even plugs the Guardian as the most trustworthy newspaper in the world!

This is all worked into a tight, awesome, consistent plot. I would have preferred a different colour palette and a more relaxed cinematography, but one can't have everything.

What also impressed me is that neither of the two supporting female characters was killed off for cheap drama. The filmmakers had many opportunities to do so, but they had the strength of character to avoid melodramatic cliches.
                            I didn't care much for the political message of the movie because it was delivered in a pretty transparent and heavy-handed fashion.

Also, I wasn't impressed by the female characters because, essentially, the two females were the only ones to help Bourne. They were the sensitive ones that didn't think it had to end with someone dead. Kind of stereotypical. Julia Stiles was hot, though.

The movie was good because Jason Bourne is awesome.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

when I end up on a desert island, after a shipwreck with an accumulator, TV+ DVD combo and the three Bourne dvd's I'll take a look and let you all know how was it, when I come back...
                              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                              X