Got a really good cookie receipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a really good cookie receipe?

I'm wanting to add some really good cookies to my resume...so do you have any really good cookie receipes or maybe some of your family favorites? I have the standard sugar, oatmeal etc... but want something with a bit more pizzaaaaaaaz!
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

have you made checkerboard cookies? they're very fun to do, especially for little kids.

Comment

This is a guaranteed crowd pleaser that everyone except celiacs can enjoy.

General Ludd's Vegan Cookies

Take half a package of soft tofu (roughly half a cup) and wrap it in a tea towel and place a heavy object on it to press the excess water from the tofu, let the towel soak up the water for a few minutes.

In a a large bowl combine:
      1 cup demerara sugar, ½ cup corn oil, ¼ cup molasses, 1tsp Vanilla, 1tsp baking powder, and the pressed tofu. Mix the ingredients well – if the tofu hasn't broken up completely, don't worry.

In a medium bowl mix together:
      2 cups all purpose flour, ½ tsp baking soda, ½ sea salt. Combine this to the wet ingredients slowly, mixing as you do so.

Once the dough is mixed, fold in chocolate chips and walnut pieces to your preference and bake in the oven at 350 degrees, until golden. (approximately 15 minutes)

This is the recipe that I follow most often when making cookies, but many of the ingredients can be changed. I have had good results replacing the molasses with maple syrup or agave nectar, and have used raw cane sugar instead of demerara. Adding more tofu to the recipe will make the cookies spongier, and reducing it will make them more crumbly. Experiment and come up with your own alternatives!
      Last edited by General Ludd; August 14, 2007, 08:46.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

eww tofu

Comment

Oh, and an extra decadent version that I like to make has dried cranberries in edition to chocolate chips and walnuts.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
            eww tofu

Staunch veggie-phobes have eaten those cookies and given them high praise without knowing they where eating TEH OMG SOY.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

You're a freakin hippie.

Life feeds on life.

Hell, nature isnt even kind with nature. So stop with the veggie cookies and start making meat cookies!

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

Staunch veggie-phobes have eaten those cookies and given them high praise without knowing they where eating TEH OMG SOY.
                i will cook them and see if i like them on thursday. i would tomorrow, but i'm babysitting.

Comment

My favorite is a variant on the Ghirardelli oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe.

This is the original, play with it as you will. My variant involves butterscotch chips (I add either 6oz butterscotch chips on top of that recipe, per batch, or (in a double batch) add 12oz instead of one bag (12oz) of chocolate chips, depending on how rich I want them to be.

Ghirardelli chocolate has been making life a bite better since 1852. Delicious gourmet chocolate, gifts and recipes at our online chocolate shop and in-stores. Shop Today!

Clementine’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
                  Yield: 5 dozen 2-inch cookies

* 12 ounce(s) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
                  * 1 cup(s) butter, softened
                  * 3/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
                  * 1/2 cup(s) sugar
                  * 1 egg
                  * 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
                  * 1 cup(s) unsifted flour
                  * 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
                  * 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
                  * 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
                  * 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
                  * 3 cup(s) oats, uncooked
                  * 1 cup(s) walnuts, chopped
                  Then process them as usual for cookies (cream butter/sugar, add egg and vanilla, mix flour/baking soda/salt/cinnamon/nutmeg, add to wet mixture, add oats/walnuts/chips).

Then bake at 375 for ~10-12 minutes (normal for a slightly large chocolate chip cookie). Enjoy
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I love French Lace, I have no recipe because I suck at baking

elephant ears are easy;puff pasty and sugar

also, at christmas we do sugar cookie pinwheel with one wheel normal and the other with red food coloring and peppermint extract
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I love the combination of white chocolate and cherries I make a variation of my oatmeal with thoses ingredients.
                      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
                        1 teaspoon baking soda
                        1/2 teaspoon salt
                        1 cup unsalted butter, softened
                        1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
                        1/2 cup granulated sugar
                        2 large eggs
                        2 teaspoons vanilla extract
                        1 (12-ounce) package or 2 cups white chocolate chips
                        1 to 2 cups macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
                        Preheat oven to 375*F (190*C).
                        In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
                        In large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gently stir in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate and
                        macadamia nuts.
                        Drop cookies by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a non-stick cookie sheet (or lined with parchment paper) about 1-inch apart.
                        Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden, turning cookie sheet around after 5 minutes to ensure even browning.
                        Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in airtight container.

Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'll try those for my daughter she loves White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies!

Comment

Texas. Pecans.

3/4 cup chopped pecans
                            1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
                            1/3 cup sugar, plus more for coating
                            1 teaspoon vanilla extract
                            1/8 teaspoon salt
                            1 cup all-purpose flour

1 Preheat oven to 350°. On a baking sheet, toast pecans until fragrant, about 6 minutes. Let cool completely; finely chop.

2 With an electric mixer, cream butter for about a minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar and cream until light, about 1 minute more. Beat in vanilla, salt, and flour, scraping down sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.

3 Separate dough into 12 pieces; squeeze dough to shape into balls. Roll in sugar. Place, 3 inches apart, on a baking sheet.

4 Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass (reshape sides if necessary). Sprinkle with sugar.

5 Bake until golden brown, rotating sheet halfway through, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with more sugar. Cool cookies on a wire rack.

From Everyday Food magazine.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

New Mexico pecans are better, but I guess those are good enough.

My GF makes a killer pecan sandies recipe. You have to freeze the dough and slice it thin, put a pecan on top at the end... it's amazing. Very hard to get right until you've done it several times though, the thinness of the cookie is extremely hard to get exactly right.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X