Winamp question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp question

Is there a plugin for winamp that allows to equalize the volume of the different mp3s.
    It sucks to always adjust the volume manualy because some mp3s are too silent and others too loud.
    Quendelie axan!

The problem is your source, I think.
    Sounds like it's the manner in which they were compressed.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Source yes, but some CDs (especially older ones) are quieter, so compression may not be the issue (unless you equalise on compression?).

I haven't used winamp in years, so can't help you. Sorry Og.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The term I think you're going for is "Normalize".
        I could be wrong. Not like it's the first time in my life.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

"Normal" isn't in my vocabulary.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I have no response to that. Well-played.
            Response. Played. We hover at music though.

Comment

When you burn audio CDs on nero the filter that does what I want to do is called "Normalize" indeed.

I want to be able to do that in real time as my songs play.
              Quendelie axan!

Comment

I think there's a way to do something more similar to what a lot of CD players do, which is to have a 'maximum' volume that it keeps everything below. I'm not sure about winamp specifically though.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

When one rips them, there is also a "normalize".
                  I rip with dBPowerAmp to rip, which uses Lame as the actual compression agent.

Comment

I already have a lot of mp3s (most of those not ripped by me) and I need a solution that does not involve processing thousands of mp3 files.

I guess I will have to search teh intranets now.
                    Quendelie axan!

Comment

Standard normalization isn't the best solution. For one, once its done, you can't go back, IIRC. You have to normalize your track while you rip it. So if you don't like the result, you'll have to rip your track again.

The best solution is ReplayGain. First, it works better than standard normalization. Second, and, best of all, its not permanent. You just have to scan your tracks and add replaygain tags. I use Foobar2000 for that. And if you're not happy with the result, just remove the tag in question. Winamp supports it, too.

Last edited by Nostromo; August 13, 2007, 13:09.
                      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

DP
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                        X