X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkeys on a plane

At least one of them.

Passenger 'hid monkey under hat'

A man has been questioned by police at LaGuardia airport in New York after smuggling a monkey onto a flight from Florida by hiding it under his hat.

Passengers spotted the animal when it climbed out and perched on the man's ponytail, Spirit Airlines spokeswoman Alison Russell told reporters.

Ms Russell said the monkey - a marmoset - spent the remainder of the flight in the man's seat and was well-behaved.

It is unclear whether the unnamed man will face any criminal charges.

The man's journey originated in Lima, Peru. Ms Russell said it was not known how the man avoided detection there, and during a several-hour stopover in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

When passengers noticed the fist-sized primate on the flight, they asked the man "if he knew he had a monkey on him", Ms Russell said.

New York animal control officials said the monkey appeared to be healthy, the Associated Press news agency reported.

It said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was planning to quarantine the animal for a month.

After that, the monkey could be sent to a zoo,
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Airport Security
    Blah

I was just going to post this, but with a better thread title
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

What was your idea for the title???
      Blah

Comment

Nobody will ever know
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Then I declare my title superior
          Last edited by BeBMan; August 8, 2007, 13:44.
          Blah

Comment

When passengers noticed the fist-sized primate on the flight, they asked the man "if he knew he had a monkey on him", Ms Russell said.

Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It it misbehaved, would he have had to spank teh monkey?

Comment

I came into this thread thinking someone had made a bad follow up to "Snakes on a Plane".
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Bah! He's not a cute as the monkies on Bohol. Right, Lancer?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Unconventionally Cute Animals Thread

Comment

I've found that most airline passengers routinely act like they're monkies. Nobody would've noticed the difference here but for the fact that this one was actually well-behaved.

Comment

monkeys

Comment

my dad has a monkey as a pet

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

what kind of monkey?

Comment

hmm, maybe the same as in the story (marmoset)

it was a small one, I know (but I do mix up names in my head, and I just saw the name marmoset)

he also had a number of other wild animals also

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X