Exodus from Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok
    And now, on topic. Aren't there some security concerns about possibly letting in Al-Kay-Eeda terrist types with the refugees? I mean, do they demand rock-solid ID from all of those people and refuse the ones who don't have any, or what?
    I'm pretty sure the Syrians are not overly concerned. In the first place they care about the displaced, which is largely driven by their pan-arabism. Secondly, they are considered evil by the US & Co., so they have little to loose. Thirdly, they probably think that resistance to the occupier is a good thing, which makes them AQ supporters by definition (according to US & Co.).

For the Brits? I understand the refugees worked for THEM, so unless they are havily infiltrated in Iraq itself there is little risk of AQ getting in the UK this way.
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Ellestar
      Why not? Naturally, collaborators face their doom when occupying forces leave the country. That serves as a warning for all future traitors.
      i think you rather misunderstand what i'm saying.

these people, who have helped us in iraq, are going to be deep in the brown stuff when we leave, yet we refuse to help them. i find that totally disgusting.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
        i think you rather misunderstand what i'm saying.

these people, who have helped us in iraq, are going to be deep in the brown stuff when we leave, yet we refuse to help them. i find that totally disgusting.
        No, i agree with your post that it's bad for these people and it's not a good thing to do for UK. But i want to say that in a grand picture it's not bad if collaborators will suffer.
        Knowledge is Power

Comment

Whole swathes of people in Iraq are choosing sides and face danger from other groups.

Even those who try not to take sides will be finding themselves faced with "if you are not with me you are against me".

Perhaps the 91 interpreters are more deserving of sympathy (and special treatment) than others but they went into what they have done with open eyes and, stable paid work being at a premium in Iraq, have already had considerable benefits from it.

Comment

It's time to grab this country's best people.

Comment

France has loads of moslem arabs and they've blended in seamlessly.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
              X