• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cure for diabetes found?

Looks good

Until the drug co's shut it down.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Are you saying that a cure has been found that doesn't involve drugs??

Quackery! It must be quackery!! Drugs and major surgery are the only known cures for everything!

Comment

That does look promising. Hopefully they will have it all sorted out by the time I am diagnosed.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

That would be a great discovery! I hope it's working and that I can get it fast when it comes out.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Jan. 18, 2002
          have there been no updates since then?

Comment

Do you know how much the drug co's make on insulin and other diabetes related products? Well niether do I, but don't expect anything to come of this soon, or ever. There is something going on in New Zealand however that might do the trick. I'll look for a link.

Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

this thread is perfect for the evil diabetus picture.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor

have there been no updates since then?
                Update. Somewhat unsurprisingly, the guy behind the initial research said that the Eli Lily and P&G licenses were just intended to delay the research...take that for what you will.
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                X