Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want to be when you grow up?

Since this is a forum dedicated to people that play a computer game, I so no reason to qualify this statement for those that feel they have already grown up.

What do you see yourself doing as an adult? How do you plan to pay all the bills while still loving whatever it is you do for most of your waking hours?

Are you living the dream life? Are you exactly where you want to be professionally speaking? Will you be stuck in your dreary 9-5 job until you’ve worked long enough for retirement benefits to kick in?

What are you planning on doing to get to where you want to be? How long will it take? Will you achieve it?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

I am living teh dream life
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

You're happy with providing nothing of value to society?
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'll do anything else. Bank robber jumps to mind.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I do provide value to society, but that's incidental and independent of my happiness.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            I do provide value to society, but that's incidental and independent of my happiness.
            I thought you were a consultant?

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            I'll do anything else. Bank robber jumps to mind.
            I have a friend who holds pretty much the same opinion. He has some pretty elaborate plans. Want to team up with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

I thought you were a consultant?
              Oh, I don't do it through my job. But my job is one of teh things that facilitates my doing it in other ways.

Comment

My goal is to be a kid again.
                Hopefully only a few more years away.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I thought you were the daughter of a young woman now.

Comment

That too.

She's a soph at school, so give her a few years to graduate and FORE.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Man, what a coincidence; I just got a job interview. Only one company has declined to hire me after conducting an in-person interview.

This job is half as far away as my current job and would probably pay me 25% more. Wow, my day just got better.

Here's hoping the interview goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                        My goal is to be a kid again.
                        Hopefully only a few more years away.
                        You planning on reincarnation?
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                            That too.

She's a soph at school, so give her a few years to graduate and FORE.
                            That's what you think. At 56 and 57 respectively, my mother and father just got the house to themselves when my brother and I moved out in July.

Comment

That's why we figure halfway through her senior year, well move to Florida.

Back in the 70's when I graduated, my ole man said you've got 90 days, then you're out. I was gone in 10.

My times have changed.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X