• August 6

Big explosion.

Surprised nobody posted this already.
    B♭3

They had it coming.
    Blah

Comment

Here we go...
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

This is the most ambiguous thread in a while.
        Are you talking about your wife or something?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Actually, it's a thread about how amazingly awesome the United States is, Sloww.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
              It's not.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

What is it then?
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  This is the most ambiguous thread in a while.
                  Are you talking about your wife or something?
                  It is only ambiguous if you have no concept of history .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Who's history? This is an international board you know. Since it is talk of a bomb, is it that dude who tried to blow up the queen back in the days in England? And if it's history; wrong forum.

Comment

I just checked Wikipedia. I see that Hiroshima is what we are speaking about here. Big bomb indeed. But do you guys in the Big Dangerous World(tm) really learn dates in history? We don't, we focus on the big picture and eras.

Comment

Well as far as dates go, it's pretty damned imporant, wouldn't you say?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yes, I was referring to the Gay. Enola Gay.

*shrugs* Politically, I'm not interested in a debate, I just wanted to mark the date.
                          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Well as far as dates go, it's pretty damned imporant, wouldn't you say?
                            Not really. It's the event and what it resulted in that is important. As I see it, as long as you know the year, it's good enough. I knew it was around this time, although I thought it was nearer September. But in the end, it doesn't really matter. Dates seldom matter much in history in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                              Not really. It's the event and what it resulted in that is important. As I see it, as long as you know the year, it's good enough. I knew it was around this time, although I thought it was nearer September. But in the end, it doesn't really matter. Dates seldom matter much in history in general.
                              For me, some dates simply stand out because of their seminal importance. December 7, August 6 and 9, September 11 (a bit more personal there) - these are dates I don't even have to try to remember; they're stuck in my brain forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X