We Went To The Ft. Worth Zoo Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Went To The Ft. Worth Zoo Today

Ft. Worth zoo is nice. Good place for the animals, as great expense and care has been taken to provide a natural habitat.

It was hot. I mean jungle damned hot. About 95f with humidity a balmy 55% or so. Could have been worse, but it would have been worse without me.

I parked at a parking lot off the zoo grounds.
    At a regular park, I think it was.
    Saved myself 5 dollars.
    It was also a quarter mile away from the start of zoo parking, which was another good quarter mile to the gates.
    When we got to the gate, it was posted that the parking fee was included in admission.

I don't know what's with the animals.
    There was this lion laying with his head in the recess of a cliff wall, unmoving.
    A tiger, that wouldn't shut up.
    Don't these animals come from places of heat?
    I think they were burning up, too.

Playful had her camera with her. That was real good.
    "Oh look, Sloww. Hold on while I take some pictures of this Peruvian turtle."

"Yes, Playful. (whimper) That's a very nice looking turtle. (sob)

After 3 hours, I was exhausted. Done in. Dragging ass.
    I paid 2 dollars a piece for us to ride The Yellow Rose of Texas mini train back to the gate.
    So I only didn't save a dollar. 4 dollars spent on the train, 5 not saved parking.
    We still had a half mile to walk.

I like zoos, and this was fine; but next time it will be in April, or October. Not August. Not here. Not me.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Animals
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Zoos are an abomination. Animals weren't meant to live in that kind of ****.

Comment

Cry me a river.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Well, if you had used public tranportation you would have saved both gas and parking fee .
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Did you look at the Prairie Dog town?

Man, the science museum they have in Fort Worth use to be cool. They had Cavemen performing brain surgery. Now it's all "It's a Discovery Center for kids!". I always thought the wax cavemen were more cool.
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Only a texan would wander around outside in August.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Zoos are an abomination.

Yes. Animals should confine themselves to standing around for a few months and then being eaten.

Anyway, I don't see how logging off of Poly and going to the zoo makes for much of a change. I think even their average macaroni intake is lower.

Comment

I saw a meerkat in person. I don't know how I forgot that detail. I sure did. I was about 10 feet away from them. They looked like on television.
                  No communication collars on them.

Comment

didn't know they had zoos in Texas. Figured everyone had animals roaming about their yards.

Comment

:muuh:

we need a cow smilie
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Put it on your list.

Comment

Re: We Went To The Ft. Worth Zoo Today

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          I parked at a parking lot off the zoo grounds.
                          At a regular park, I think it was.
                          Saved myself 5 dollars.
                          It was also a quarter mile away from the start of zoo parking, which was another good quarter mile to the gates.
                          When we got to the gate, it was posted that the parking fee was included in admission.

HAW HAW.. that's why you get for being a cheapskate!
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                            didn't know they had zoos in Texas. Figured everyone had animals roaming about their yards.

Yes schmoooooohead! We all have cows, chickens, horses and of course pleanty of cowdogs as well as we all wear cowboy hats and boots!

Ft. Worth Zoo Awesome Used to take the girls there when they were young.
                            Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                            Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                            You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Re: We Went To The Ft. Worth Zoo Today

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              I don't know what's with the animals.
                              There was this lion laying with his head in the recess of a cliff wall, unmoving.
                              A tiger, that wouldn't shut up.
                              Big cats sleep about 95% of the time.
                              Consider yourself lucky that the tiger was awake.

Comment

Working...
                              X