Real men build their own subs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real men build their own subs!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Police in New York City have stopped an egg-shaped, mini-submarine found floating in the harbour near the moored ocean liner Queen Mary II.

The vessel was designed for "underwater navigation", police said, and seemed to be a replica of the Turtle submarine from the American War of Independence.

Three men have been charged with breaching harbour regulations but terrorism is not suspected.

The mini-sub had a hatch on top and was propelled by a pedal-operated paddle.

One man was in the vessel and two other men were in an inflatable boat towing the sub.

'Marine mischief'

New York Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said the mini-sub "is the creative craft of three adventuresome individuals".

"It does not pose any terrorist threat... We can best summarise today's incident as marine mischief."

Police spotted the handmade wooden vessel floating some 60 metres (197 feet) from the Queen Mary II - inside the liner's security zone.

"Basically, the vessel was not safe to sail," said Coast Guard officer Angelia Rorison.

"It had no lights, no flares. It was not registered," she said.

"Instead of safety violations, this could have turned into a search and rescue."
    It was meant to be a reenactment!
    Blah

"Quick! Mention terrorism!"

"Surely you can fit in 'terrorist threats' somewhere too!"

@ media.

Comment

It seems more to be based on the latest Canadian subs.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

It's a response to the Russian Pole exploits...
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

"American War of Independence"

Uh, it's called TEH Revolution! Duh!

Silly brits.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Subs:

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I'll have Roast Beef on Monterey Cheddar...Toasted please.

Oh....sorry....
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                Uh, it's called TEH Revolution! Duh!
                QFTeh
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I like the subs of the sandwich and Zero varieties.
                  I changed my signature

Comment

The sub reminds me of Panamarenko and I'm sure you all have no idea what I'm talking about.

And the terrorism-paranoia.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Quizno's.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I build my own subs for lunch every day. I almost never go for just BLT. Instead I like cheese, ham, onion, tomato, cucumber, and dress it with a good amount of olive oil.
                          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Real men would have tried to reenact the tours of the CSS Hunley.

Only few men could ride this baby and none of them survived to tell the story
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                              It seems more to be based on the latest Canadian subs.
                              This was home-made rather than purchased from the RN.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X