Clear All

• All Soviets Have Entirely Retreated?

All
    Soviets
    Have
    Entirely
    Retreated
    ?

Have the Soviet armies all left eastern europe yet? Did the Germans have to pay them to leave? Are the, ahh 'Soviets' banned from returning? Was the expulsion of the, erm, 'Soviets' done fairly?

Discuss...

...the umm, 'soviets'.

I'd say the expulsion of the 'Soviets' was overdone. The 'Soviets' should be allowed to return. What was so bad that the 'Soviets' deserve such a punishment?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Whatever you may think about the 'Soviets', I am not sorry to see them gone.

The thing you have to take into account is the conflict that is avoided.

For my part, I am happier with a little more peace, even if the 'Soviets' aren't around for hockey anymore.

?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Comment

I tried to come up with one for Lancer, but i'm not creative enough apparently... the E kept getting me

I do like the Soviets reference. Quite appropriate in my book Especially their ultimate fate...

So does this make Ming JFK? Or perhaps it makes him J Edgar Hoover...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It is pretty difficult, I wonder what will become of this 'soviet' related thread?

Comment

Another
            society
            has
            eventually
            retired.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              I tried to come up with one for Lancer, but i'm not creative enough apparently... the E kept getting me
              The E is getting you? Well, good for you, it's years since I was luvved up on pills.

Comment

Lots
                of
                Totalitarians
                Missing

Meanwhile,
                interestingly,
                NewEurope
                Grows

Tyranny
                of
                abominiable
                soviets
                terminated
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

is this a haiku
                  thread? I would like to add to
                  and get a +1
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Another
                    Sorry
                    Helmet
                    Effectively
                    Replaced

Gently
                    Enter
                    Petersburg
                    After
                    Passover
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Leaving
                      orderly,
                      rifle
                      divisions

Started
                      hiking
                      into
                      Volga
                      area
                      Last edited by LordShiva; July 31, 2007, 23:51.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

However,
                        Estonian
                        Resistance
                        encountered
                        Soviet
                        soldiers
                        operating
                        nearby
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Peristroika
                          Left
                          All
                          Totalitarians
                          Obliterated

Assuming
                          Some
                          Had
                          Eventually
                          Rehabilitated
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

World
                            imbibes
                            Liberty.
                            Lo,
                            90's!

Comment

Oh, come on guys, you should do better than that. For example, when

Zhukov, first entered Eastern Europe he was fairly popular. But soon he pissed off Stalin and got banned. Khrushchev brought him back and he trolled Hungary pretty good. But it wasn't long before he was on Khrushchev's bad side and once again got banned. He was quite popular in his day, but kept pissing off the right people. With him gone though, it allowed nicer people like

Zhelyu Zhelev to come back. So in some ways it was good, other ways, not so much. In general though, I think too much energy has been wasted worrying over it that should instead be invested into something more worthy like

Youth Rights. -> http://www.youthrights.org Remember,

Kids are

People too.
                              Last edited by OzzyKP; August 1, 2007, 02:09.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                              X