Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else concerned with that game banner ad saying "start killing now!"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else concerned with that game banner ad saying "start killing now!"?

[/joe lieberman]
    The violence is killing the childrens![/joe liberman]

Seriously though. It just seems so flat out there, you know? "Start killing now". It made me notice the other ad--it said "engage in glorious battles" and advertised a fantasy RPG. Anyway for some reason only the mafia ad really disturbed me.
    "See the corpses run with blood."
    That sort of thing, you know?
    Although I suppose my disturbance is purely irrational. I'm sure this game doesn't break any new ground by involving itself in murder and so forth and I don't really have a problem with games like that in general. I don't really think they negatively influenced anyone.
    So...wow...the only conclusion I can really come to is that the ad is somewhat distasteful. Truly, I am a guardian of all that is pure and good in this world.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

The purpose of video games is to live out the extremes you can't do in real life. You can be Rambo, Mika Häkkinen, Baron von Richthofen or Adolf Hitler, it's up to you. Slash, smash and kill until no one is left standing, then take a piss on the corpses. And never forget to starve a city down to size 3 after you have conquered it.

So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
    X